1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Ello ^^;;

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kattenyajen, Feb 3, 2012.

1. kattenyajen

kattenyajen Thread Starter New Member

*timid look* hello there new forum I have been pointed toward...

I met MasterBlue on another site and we got yammering about fishy things, and he pointed me over here...

I don't currently have any 'exotics' just one little rescue betta girl from a few months ago, but, eventually I'll be getting into them (after moving ect ect. Long story.) Exotics I mean. When I can set up a bigger tank again. <.<

So. Anywho... apparently I have used up all my introductory charm in the whole new job recently thing, so. I'm just going to mostly lurk for now. ^^;;

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to our forum ! Glad you joined us here.

3. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

<3 YAY! you joined us ^^
    Welcome to your new home =3 Anthony here is the owner, Dawn is our epic Moderator. And everyone else is the members ;3 If you want advice, opinions, or just want to show off your tanks (when you get them ;D ) we'll give you all of the above =3

4. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

welcome.

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Welcome to the forum, make yourself at home. So what color is this betta you've been keeping?
    <--I have a female that's pretty royal blue with some deep reds along the fins.

6. kattenyajen

^^;;

If I could ever get a decent picture of her (sigh. She just wants to attack the camera at all times... nigh on impossible to get a proper body shot.) I would post it. lol.

She's a PK female, with a darker body and then her fins. Oh how I love her fins. They are bright orange close to her body, and then are edged in turquoise.

This is the ONE shot I managed to get of her, once upon a time. I don't like that it's flashy, as it was soon after she arrived to me and stressy ect

But. It shows kinda where the line is between orange/blue. (I really wish she would sit still long enough to get a picture in natural light/that I had a better camera it as I have to use my phone...

:S

7. kattenyajen

**apparently between last night and this morning, I forgot to add the picture:

Picture of plakat king betta

also a side note...

I really miss my last boy though... Dio was incredible looking. But, I had to go out of town for two months and the person who promised to look after him (and told me they were) very, very much didn't. I came home to severe ammonia poisoning, malnourished, extreme rot, very sick fish... Tried to get him better over the next 6 mos, but I lost him over Christmas. *sighs* Ah well. At least I had him for a while. Haven't been able to bring myself to replace him with another male, and though I do have another tank, it's in storage for the moment >< He was a red butterfly CT male with really neat rays.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
  8. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

Welcome to the forum! Checked out the photo of the betta, nice looking female! I have what I believe to be a red dragon half moon plakat male betta ( that's a mouthfull lol, there's a pic of him on my fishy photos thread). He was sold as a half moon plakat male, but the scales remind me of a red dragon I had before.