1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

My 75g CA tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by MonteSS, Aug 15, 2009.

1. MonteSS

MonteSS Thread Starter New Member

My 75g has been up about 8 months now. My goal was a community type setting that was interesting and interactive without too much aggression.

It seems like going with smaller growing Cichlids and keeping it all female, I now have a great tank that is fun to watch.

The one Nic turned out to be a male and they paired up, but so far no spawns. Seemes like he is getting frustrated that she wont lay eggs and he will chase her a bit. But then she goes back to his side and snuggles up and all is well.

The HRP and Centrarchus paired up and lay eggs but they stick to their nest under the root and short chases will ensue if anyone gets too close.

The Mixteco is a bit of a runt and keeps to her self. She is starting to color up now.

The white HRP is a flirt and trys sucking up to everyone.

The Con is real pretty with long extensions and non aggressive.

Thanks for looking. I know everyone likes pics. BTW, I use an OLD 1.3 megapixel camera that takes great pics IF the target is not moving at all.

I though others would like to see how this stocking list works out.

....Bill

ai453.photobucket.com_albums_qq257_zz430t56_Picture101.jpg
    ai453.photobucket.com_albums_qq257_zz430t56_Picture003.jpg
    ai453.photobucket.com_albums_qq257_zz430t56_Picture013.jpg
    ai453.photobucket.com_albums_qq257_zz430t56_Picture033.jpg
    ai453.photobucket.com_albums_qq257_zz430t56_Picture108.jpg
    ai453.photobucket.com_albums_qq257_zz430t56_Picture115.jpg

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

nice looking tank, i like that it's not over the top and crammed with soo many rocks that you can't see the fish :)

3. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

very nice !!!! i would like to get my africans out of the 55 and do a tank just about like your setup. again, your fish and tank looks very nice...well done!!!