1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

My previous 55g saltwater tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by MOD_Dawn, Oct 5, 2009.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Thread Starter Active Member

This is my previous 55g saltwater early into the process.

From what I recall it had:
    [*]basic store bought stand
    [*]55g all glass aquarium
    [*]glass canopies
    [*]48" 260w Coralife Lunar Aqualight Light Fixture
    [*]Two Emperor 400 Power Filters
    [*]Four Maxi-Jet 1200 Powerheads hooked up to a Red Sea Wavemaker
    [*]Seaclone 150 protein skimmer..which I was planning on upgrading
    [*]Instant Ocean Hydrometer...which I planned on upgrading to a refractometer
    [*]a Hydor 300w heater
    [*]a modified plastic soapdish (chaeto)
    [*]Mag Float 125 algae magnet
    [*]2 Stick On Thermometers (placed in upper and lower corner)
    [*]Instant Ocean Marine Salt
    [*]Api Saltwater/Reef Master Test Kit
    [*]Various Substrates (aragonite, live sand, etc)
    [*]175gpd deluxe ro/di system with auto shut off valve from <a class="postlink" href="http://www.abundantflowwater.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.abundantflowwater.com</a>
    -> Background was hand painted with cheap bottle paints that you can get at wal-mart in their craft section for like 48cents a small bottle

1-2-08 Left half of tank cleaned of Cynobacteria.jpg 1-2-08 Right side of tank cleaned from Cynobacteria.jpg 12-12-07 Purple Firefish.jpg 11-29-07 Clown Perculas.jpg 11-29-07 55 gallon salt ENTIRE TANK.jpg 11-20-07 55 gallon salt with substrate & painted background.jpg