1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!
  1. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics Thread Starter New Member

My two pretty tanks

ai35.tinypic.com_dnnhp3.jpg

40g Tall all guppies, no slate anymore or DW.

and my pride and joy
    52g FBH
    ai49.tinypic.com_35a801z.jpg

clearer now, my carbon container came in from bigals now its on like donkey kong.

yes tiger barbs with angels, tiger barbs are docile, 3 months together and no issues not even a remote interest in eachother.

2. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

looks very good.. :D

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I really like your 52g!

4. WhiteGloveAquatics

the 52g gets mixed reviews, some people are so pro animal that they get upset by a shed antler(yet keep fish captive) and others love it. I like the natural look, you can sit back infront of my tank and just watch their natural behaviors come out when their environment replicates as near as possible. My angels well big angels arent too keen on it but the new angels love it, the big angels miss their rio negro badly. I think I might go blackwater but then id have to invest in more powerful lights and domino effect that comes with that.

My plants dont grow HUGE for some reason but they are growing in naturally now, I got new crypts where crypts never were and too far away to be considered a runner.

I got more wood going in there too and possibly a yearling buck skull w/ 3 points(poor guy got blasted out of season and wandered onto my land where my 4yo son found it)

I will get new pics very soon, I recently lost my income and gotta do the ebay thing and aquabid for a little bit tonight.

5. blowfishRus6

blowfishRus6 New Member

nice, i see why you have not been on the car forum, you have been busy with fish!!!

diggin the tanks.

6. WhiteGloveAquatics

that and the car is kinda gone to the wife now, I got my eye on two bonne's a 00 gtp and a gxp, then a 00 suburban 4x4. Im torn on the vehicles. yeah the fish have gone from hobby to side business now which is good so far but waiting on my supplies to come in is killing me.

I will swing by there and post up a update in that thread.

I might be getting involved in a side job of taking in tanks from foreclosure clean-outs, bad part is the inhabitants arent alive, but just piles of mush in the bottom so its not a easy deal, however I am waiting for something bigger then 125 to come along for a native river tank. bass,perch,walleye catfish ect.

7. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

I like the 52g! I do blackwater tanks myself... I like it that way. I dont think I have any specialized systems but I have done well overall IMO... its that freaking algae that is the bane of keeping it!!!!

I like the natural feels too!!!

8. WhiteGloveAquatics

no algae problems here, had hair algae but found the right dou to do the job and within 48 hours the tank was spotless and has stayed that way. all hail the TRUE SAE.

ai28.tinypic.com_23u759j.jpg
    ai29.tinypic.com_30bpoib.jpg

and before the tannins took effect
    ai28.tinypic.com_6ogcvb.jpg

that was the start of my rio negro, it got reallllly dark before it turned into the guppy subsidized housing.

I got bags of old oak leaves and a big bag of peat in the shed for my extract. I made some with just oak leaves and it was more of a clear BW extract.
    IMO its the perfect water conditions for health and immunity not to mention longevity of the fish. My angels layed eggs like MAD with the tannin rich water , in the clear water not so much.

9. blowfishRus6

blowfishRus6 New Member

what is a blackwater tank??

10. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

yea, the sae's are definately great when it comes to various algaes...especially if you have a nice group of them (kinda like a swat team). Haha!

and I paid no attention to the antlers, but loved the darker driftwood you scored which is sitting to the right. To me, it's all about finding the right piece of driftwood and then building the rest around it ;)

11. WhiteGloveAquatics

yeah I found a tree that held this wood growing out of an abandoned parking lot surface, its blocked by snow and ice now but i am harvesting the rest in spring and might pssoibly sell some pieces cheap tank ready. its a dark AND light wood that wood is, it has light colored stripes on it.