1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

sudden rescape

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by WhiteGloveAquatics, Mar 3, 2010.

1. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics Thread Starter New Member

I got bored yesterday and decided to clean, well cleaning went to far.

before
    ai49.tinypic.com_35a801z.jpg

after
    ai50.tinypic.com_2ijj96t.jpg
    ai49.tinypic.com_abkwns.jpg
    ai47.tinypic.com_2aexsgj.jpg
    ai50.tinypic.com_6s77kx.jpg
    ai45.tinypic.com_2s6sd95.jpg
    ai45.tinypic.com_s1oy92.jpg
    ai47.tinypic.com_2cr6r1i.jpg
    ai49.tinypic.com_10ht99e.jpg
    ai49.tinypic.com_1h4dtz.jpg
    ai48.tinypic.com_fnac1.jpg
    ai49.tinypic.com_2dkcn76.jpg
    ai45.tinypic.com_2cj5m0.jpg
    ai45.tinypic.com_2w3z8g3.jpg
    ai48.tinypic.com_2lo4yly.jpg

2. cooltow1

cooltow1 Member

So the Angle fish are gamers?

Rick

3. WhiteGloveAquatics

No, I hate anime, that was max and ruby for my tots.

I play FPS games on that tv and they tend to hide when the sub is going and the lights from the explosions and big guns flash. They do watch TV I think though, unless they are just staring at that person to feed em, flippin vultures.

4. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Thats an awesome looking tank! How many cardinals do you have in there?

5. WhiteGloveAquatics

6. WhiteGloveAquatics

My big angels grew up with neons for a year, never ate em.

I got 5 cause the guy bagged em and the customer didnt want them so I said hell with it and he gave me 5 for the price of 3. well petsmart has their dollar tetra sale and i befriended all the aquatic employees and managers(give em free guppies all the time for their home tanks, its brought quite a few $$$ my way so I keep scratching their backs) and they give me a call when the fish arrive, mine get special QT treatment for a week before they hit my QT for 48 hours.

1st trip got 10, he gave me 13
    2nd trip go in for frozen daphnia and come home with 12 more for the price of 10
    this last trip, I went in to give em 3 dead ones, came back with 10 neons

I wiped em out for their sale, too bad so sad, friendship goes a long long way, I recently went unemployed and now am awaiting one to transfer out and I am in, no app just a wizz quiz,shave and a haircut.

7. WhiteGloveAquatics

Here are some pics of the baby black kuhlis

here he/she is in the right corner
    ai45.tinypic.com_fu7zfo.jpg

on the left just behind the neon in the sword
    ai46.tinypic.com_35bdys7.jpg

grey squiggly line is he/she
    ai49.tinypic.com_15e7l3p.jpg

that white dot in the wood, yep thats the escape hole, the hunkered down in the mopani and created a den.
    ai48.tinypic.com_2li7jt4.jpg
    I tried to time better, two of em had their little heads out that hole and a third tinier one is in there too(3 generations of oblonga in this tank now)

and last but not least look below the anubias and rubber band, lying from left to right, a small grey mass, thats the older juve I found.
    ai46.tinypic.com_nycoyq.jpg

8. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

your tank clean up looks like one of my "can't sleep what do I do" phases. Looks great. 3 generations! WOW!

9. WhiteGloveAquatics

I got OCD, and the fish tanks taking the main limelight over my guns makes my wife sit better so I changed hobbies to on the fly scaping, a way to scape on a whim basically, alot of common sense but also alot of imagination and knowledge of size and shape of adult plant.

I was up till 1 something last night trying for 3 straight hours to get a solid clear pic of the kuhli babies but alas you see what I got. tonight I am going to do the same thing till I get a clear pic.

Yes they had babies before, the length of several opposed to two now the babies, the sizes look older adult, young adult and juve. I made them a cave yesterday it will be ready to go in tomorrow so hopefully they take to that(small clay pot saucer smothered in GE-1 goodness and sat in the new creekrock I got and it looks OK not happy with the white ge-1 but a trip to the waldo mart will change that here in a few minutes heh heh.

I am out of work and bored, my guppy tank comes next, wait till you see how she turns out, and this 52 will get more stems in the back of stuff I got here and waiting to get here.

I am trying to document everything, my levels are constant 0-0-.1-.3 depending the time of day I take the test, morning has less evening has more, Ph is a rock solid 8.0 in this tank, no tannins just a canister filter and a 660R just hanging and spraying.

The cutest thing ive noticed is one single baby loach and a single green corydora have taken the "Timon and Pumbaa" roll in my tank, where 1 is the other is right there.

10. WhiteGloveAquatics

ai50.tinypic.com_3013mky.jpg

added the cypress stump yesterday and that bump you see under the driftwood its a ge-1 smothered terra cotta saucer covered in the same gravel as that strip of gravel the grey. chipped a few openings in it their size but they took the cypress instead so now thats the pangio digs.