1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

125 gallon I am picking up tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anonymous, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Tragik Ink inspired me to post some pics of the tank im going to get tomorrow, its a 125 gallon I found on ebay for 200 bucks. Its a couple hours away but Its going to be worth it I hope! It comes with: Custom I-beam construction stand (52 ½ in. tall), Sump filtration with all necessary hoses and pump, Separate powerhead, 2 lights w/bulbs, and a couple other random accessories. The stand has apparently been made by a welding artist in Raleigh, NC. Its tall, but will put the tank at eye level for me for the first time ever so Im excited! Let me know what you think, and as always suggestions are welcome! :D

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Looks good. The only thing I'd worry about is that sump. It looks really tiny for a 125 gallon tank.

3. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

nice!!!! good price too!
    i'm loving the stand for it being a wrought iron, it does look a lot different from anything i've seen. good find uncwnells!!

4. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Ive got a Rena xp3 im going to use, I have no idea how a sump works/how to work the sump :) . Im going to use them together and their powers wll unite to form, captain planet!

5. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

anthony wrote:
    it's actually a wet/dry filter.

i think the wet/dry is the min. that you would need for a 125 gal.
    my neighbor has a 125 saltwater and has a wet/dry just like that one.
    hopefully the pump your getting for it is a strong one, like a mag.

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Yeah, I see that now. I was looking at it on the iPod when I typed that. I'm on the macbook now.

PS I think I'm going to order a Dell laptop to replace my dead one.

7. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

what kind of notebook do you have now...the dead one?

if your going to get a dell....the xps is the way to go. my wife has an older model of it and that thing has been dropped, full of viruses, hit with a rock right on the screen "my son" and nothing has stopped it!!! i also hear good things about there newer models.

8. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

It's a Gateway I just purchased over a year ago. My warranty ran up in April. :oops:
    That's what I was looking at getting, the XPS.

9. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

that's nothing my hp was sent out for repairs after the first month, then 4 times more during the yr. then my warranty was up. i bought a hd and that's it!! but handsdown the xps is the best from dell

10. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

really dont need more the a 30 gall sump for a 125 gallon tank but what is pictured is a wet/ dry filter like Ink stated

11. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

So, I feel I should tell you guys the story of picking up the tank today. First of all a 125 gallon tank is not that heavy and two men can carry one, this was my first misconception as I thought it would weigh a ton. Secondly, the stand, o the stand, cannot be lifted by anything less than the incredible hulk, I would estimate that it weighs close to 400 lbs of solid, awkward steel. It does come apart but I am one hellova stubborn guy. It took four of us all big guys to take it from his house to the car with out a real problem other than did I mention that this thing has no handles anywhere within reason. Upon arriving back in CB after a roundtrip of five hours me and my buddy that rode with me decided we could do it, we could bring the stand in ourselves. I am no weakling at 6'4" and appr. 250lbs, he is 6'2" 200lbs easy, to say the least two men. Anyway enough pumping my own head up haha, It took us a half hour to move the stand a total of 15 feet. 15 minutes, ladin with cuss words, sweat, and blood, yes blood, later the stand was inside in all its glory. The point of this story is to give you guys some reason to laugh or smile at my expense, freebie, take advantage because you will have to pay for the next haha.

12. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

:) :) sry i don't mean to laugh so much, but man that is pretty funny!!
    how's your back feeling?

13. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

That sounds like fun. LoL