1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

20g fish ideas (With percula clown added to the mix)?

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Forum' started by crazhrse, Sep 26, 2008.

1. crazhrse

crazhrse Thread Starter New Member

i need some ideas as to what kind of fish would be good to start out with in my 20 gal. fowlr tank, as soon as i get rid of this demonic damsel :evil: i plan on getting something else, i really want a yellow watchman goby but i'm not sure what would work in this small setup that i would not want to kill everytime i see it like i do this damn damsel

so give me some suggestions guy's and also how many could i put in this 20 without overloading it . btw it has deep live sand bed with live rock and also for my daughters sake please say i could also add a clownfish to the mix, cause all little girls like nemo :D

2. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

Re: fish ideas

watchman should be fine...i've seen them in nano's all the time. mine doesn't venture too far from his home either.....also 2 purple firefish will look great with the watchman goby to add some variety in color.....and a pr of clowns and you should be good to go.....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I would say either a pair of clowns with the goby or a pair of fire fish with the goby. Five fish would be way too many for a 20 gallon though, imo.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

maybe just stickwith different damsels, since they are pretty hardy fish, and maybe a clown or scooter blenny

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Red or purple firefish are always good. pair of clowns would be very cool. Green chromis are also pretty nice fish and are hardy. OH a pixie hawkfish!!! Very cool fish with a ton of personality! ;)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

i would stay away from damsels. they get big, ugly, and mean. a pair of clowns, like everyone else said, would be great and the goby would get along with them. make sure the clowns are small when you get them, and stay away from the maroon clowns in pairs, they have a habit of beating each other up (they're the best i think with anemones, but the worst with each other). i wouldn't get more than four fish, but also think about different crabs (the emerald crab is great, when they eat they shovel food into their mouth, great to watch), and shrimp.