1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

70 gallon reef tank noobie

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anonymous, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Hi there I have been doing the salt water thing for about 3 months now , started with a 44 pentagon , and bought a 70 gallon contemporary tank for X-mas =) so far just the basics and a handfull of corals let me know what you think and what I can do to improve thanks! :D

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/40urxGfcDjQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/40urxGfcDjQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NIPkjQSz9no&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NIPkjQSz9no&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Nice looking tank. ;) Also, welcome to the forum.

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

nice. good start.

4. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Welcome and nice tanks the look great :)

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

heres a few pics :D :D
    IMG_0017.JPG

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

....Im getting a Coral Beauty , and a Potter Angel in a few days as well
    IMG_00201.jpg

8. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

I love the setup of your rocks,, Great pics :)

9. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

i envy you where do you buy your live rocks?

10. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Live rocks are for saltwater,, they should be avaible at your local pet store :) I have no id how it is in america though ^^

11. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Tank looks absolutely perfect, wouldn't change a single thing.
    Live Rock can be found online at saltwaterfish.com or at your specialized Lfs (for example, I've never seen live rock at chains such as Petsmart or Petco).

12. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

in Chicago Area its hard to find a live Rock like that and i Read a topic in Reefcleaner that i can buy a dried live rock cost cheaper and get a small amount of Live rock and Live sand. it will take awhile to seed by its gonna cost way Cheaper.

13. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I do remember something about seeding dried rock, when I did salt the only place I had was a local lfs that cured it in their basement. saltwaterfish.com has it, and gives perks for purchases...but I remember it being expensive!
    Good Luck in your quest for some. Again, i'd advertise on craiglist...never know what you can score on there.

14. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

"Dead rock" will become live even when unseaded with live rock. It takes time but eventually it will begin to house a lot of algae, little inverts, copepods etc etc.

15. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I learned something new today, A)not to kiss the wrong cheek and B)things that are dead don't always stay dead.
    Thanks Anthony for the insight.

16. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Glad I was able to teach you something tonight. :)

17. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Now what did you say I was supposed to do with this stick that has feathers on it? That's the part I'm still confused on. J/k

18. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

19. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

nvm, it's all coming back to me now...-->Just noticed the point on the end...it's a freakin' pen! Why didn't you just come out and tell me that in the first place! Lol.

20. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

okie Just bash on me HAHHAAH