1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

A big Hey Yall from Chapel Hill!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Aironia, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Aironia

Aironia Thread Starter New Member

Hello all I'm Kris!

Im totally nuts about fish, and i have finally gotten another tank(s) in my home! My last tank was ruined a few years back by a terrible ice storm that kept most of the state out of power for over two weeks. All my fish were at last seven years old..and some i had since they were fry!! It was devastating to have them all die on me. And then my tank got broken when we were cleaning the ice out of it. So the remnants sat in my shed till that 'one day' id get another tank.

Well that day was a few months ago, and i cant believe i waited so long!! Ive now got a 65g tall with a flower shrimp, four clown loaches (I'm so happy to see you guys love these fish as much as i do!!)and three rams.. I do have a Redtail Leopard Pleco L-114 waiting in quarantine and I'm to excited to get him in the tank. I'm looking for something different that will swim mid to upper level, but i just cant get myself to buy bread and butter fish! any ideas?

I've also just added substrate and water to a 29g. It will be my first attempt at plants. I have a huge piece of African driftwood. It has a really dark and gnarly look to it. I'm cycling the tank with a handful of zebra danios at the moment but I'm really really interested in getting some Pseudomugil furcata rainbows and some Pseudomugil gertrudae rainbows for this tank, once its established. Id like to get my hands on a L46 zebra pleco. I think ill also top it off with a few fan shrimp and algae eating shrimp. (anyone think a rope fish thrown in this tank will mix? my son would love to have one of these as well)

Id like to think of myself as an intermediate fish keeper but i know there is tons left for me to learn. I have tons of questions i could just start firing away now! Ive looked at every ones pictures and really enjoy the upbeat posts and the helpful manner you all seem to have with one another. Your tanks are awesome!!! I look forward to learning new things and seeing more pictures!!

Oh and yes i am one of those Tarheel fans, I see you have a Cameron crazy and I'm sorry!!! better luck next year!! (although id have to say not all of us are classless!)

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to the forum Kris, nice to have you join us ! :D

3. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Welcome to the forum!!! :)

You know zebra plecos cost an afwull lot of money right :)

4. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Welcome!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

If you get any zebra plecos be sure to breed them and sell them for really cheap to us forum members! HAH.

On a serious note, welcome to the forum! Everyone here has helped me with every question ever asked and it has become my second home on the internet haha.

We hope you enjoy your stay!

6. BobV

BobV Member

welcome to the forum. Glad to hear the disaster didn't sour you on fishkeeping.

7. Aironia

Aironia Thread Starter New Member

hey yall!

Yea i know those plecos are expensive, but I've seen them on aquabid from a breeder go pretty cheap, like under 60 bucks. but the shipping is like another 90 bucks. so it still ends up being alot. But one day i shall have one!

I am not at all knowledgeable about breeding fish, but that would be the one fish to figure out! certainly would make someone popular!

I think having no tank for a few years made me plan it all out in advance, i knew exactly what i wanted and wasn't going to get a thing till it was that one i had in mind. Sorta why my tank is so empty at the moment. It was also a time of research and exploration. I dragged my son and hubby around to every aquarium or Chinese restaurant within two states. Oh on a side note anyone been to the new one in Atlanta? Were headed there this summer and I'm already counting the days!

Well enough of my rambling! Thanks for the warm welcome:)

8. ira

ira Member

Welcome

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Welcome to The Exotic Fish Forum Kris!

:D Please make yourself feel right at home sharing and learning with the rest of us, we're definitely a friendly bunch!

:confused: If you’re having trouble finding something or need help you can contact myself (Dawn), Anthony or Jake through pm and we'll gladly help you ;)

:D Also, if/when you get a chance be sure to post some photos/videos of your setup/setups.

-> The following link will lead you directly to our photo/video section Aquarium Photos - Show off your Tank Forum

10. drazzill

drazzill New Member

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay

11. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Welcome to the forum!!! I am also a fan of Clown Loaches... Just learning how to keep them healthy. Water temp over 80 seems to be working for me. Like tmtaylor87 said you will get great advice here. I've been keeping fish for 10 years and felt like a rookie after about a week on this forum. Lots of good info here...

Welcome!!!

12. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

The forum is great. We all learn even the smartest of us :)

*grabs calculator* 150 bucks!! That's still pretty cheap for a l46 :eek: