1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

About to give up on this tank

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases & Cures' started by NoctuVide, Mar 7, 2009.

1. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Thread Starter Member

Well, so far I've lost my 5 rummy nose tetras and woke up this morning to find one of my denison barbs sucked against the filter not moving and barely breathing. I got a different treatment that's just Malachite green last night, so I waited until today after doing a 50% water change last night to add this to the tank. I also had to add it to my other 55 being that I found a couple spots of ich on my fish in there. I can't do the raised heat in my denison barb tank being that they can't tolerate higher temps. This is the most frustrating thing I've dealt with yet since getting into this hobby, and it's really making me want to give up on that tank all together.

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

What exactly is the problem ?

Since you're talking about raising the heat I assume ich ?

You can still raise the temp. If fish show signs of stress you can lower it but raising it slowly should be fine because it will only be raised for a short time.

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member