1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Angel breeding ?

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by FishVixen, Jul 15, 2010.

1. FishVixen

FishVixen Thread Starter Active Member

I have 5 angels all were young so this is 1st "pairing" I have 2 females with tubes down courting 1 male. All 3 are cleaning 1 leaf and will not let anyone near it. Has anyone heard of 2 females and a male mating at the same time?

2. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

no Menage a trois .

This is their first time, one of those females will be tossed aside sooner rather then later.

edit-hate my laptop
    anyways
    I have a older pair who have let another female into the relationship, she cleans the leaves and keeps others away.

3. angelfishmomma

angelfishmomma New Member

I had a problem with my breeding pair killed off all my other angels. They were young and it was first mating. I do have 7 beautiful black bar babies to show for it though.

4. FishVixen

FishVixen Thread Starter Active Member

Yes they will kill other angels when breeding. I no longer have the females but have some platinum Blues ready to pair up anytime now.