1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

angel eggs (Care Advice Wanted)

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by Anonymous, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I came home today to find angel eggs all over a leaf of my sword plant and the glass behind it. HELP! I have never had angel eggs before what should I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am off to search the internet now, but figured with all the experience here I would get some great advice. Mainly, do I need to move the eggs and if so how do I do it? It will involve buying a new tank if I need to move them, what size do I need? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.

2. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Re: angel eggs

WAIT!!!! do you have any other fish in the tank?

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Yes, this is my 55 gallon tank. I have 4 angels (which the 2 parents have been chasing away very well), 4 tetras, 4 black neons, several guppies, a weather loach, and a cory cat.

4. LemonDiscus

I would say let the parent do their thing.... dont take the babies out.... they all will probably die but you have a 75% chance they will if you move the babies out.... remember who the parents are and get them their own tank.... they will spawn again.... leaving them in the community will train them NOT to eat the eggs and care for them... no preditors and they dont care right... they may not anyhow.... watch and wait

5. LemonDiscus

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

They have been very protective of their "space" for a few days, we were watching them the other night and they were bullying the others around the leaf that they laid the eggs on. How big of a tank should I get for them? I would love to be able to raise some angel fry, I just wasn't expecting it this soon. Do you have any advice as to what I can do to maximize the chance at having any survive?

7. LemonDiscus

30 gallon/29 gallon.....

Advice is on the threads posted above. Just wait.... you making rash decision increases the chances of something going wrong... if you want to raise Angels.... ask yourself, how will you get rid of them, do you want to spend the time it takes to raise them etc....

I have a step by step on the 2nd thread and I have how I got there on the 1st...

I am by no means an expert... but I have raised quite a few fry in the past... One think I know... You WILL loose more than a few... that is natural selection at its finest!

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I am off to read the threads now, thank you!

9. LemonDiscus

Your welcome, hope it helps... any questions just ask.

10. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

i think the parents should do fine if their isnt a pleco. the parents would most likely eat the first couple spawna but some times not and if they start free swiming then it might be a problem. if you remove the leaf they might get scared and eat all on glass and their will be no way to remove on glass so i say best to see if their good parents i know mine arent :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: i have 7 pairs :D :D

11. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Well, I came home today and there are no eggs. I would love to raise them though, and there are a couple local owned stores in my area that sell locally raised angel fish, so if I can breed them I am hoping that I would be able to sell them. Maybe next time.

12. LemonDiscus

If you want to do that... get them a tank for themselves.... try again for them to raise them... I say use the man raised as a last resort.

13. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

haha and if you plan on making some spare cash one pair you kind of lose money to food tons of water changes etc. but its only a couple bucks its worth playing around with

14. LemonDiscus

I only have one pair... your right... but it is still fun

15. HenryNURDY

HenryNURDY Member

16. MichaelCrurl

MichaelCrurl Member

mexican pharmaceuticals online: <a href=" http://foruspharma.com/# ">buying prescription drugs in mexico</a> - buying from online mexican pharmacy

17. Merlinwax

Merlinwax Member

18. MichaelCrurl

MichaelCrurl Member

19. MichaelCrurl

MichaelCrurl Member

best canadian pharmacy online: <a href=" http://canadapharmast.com/# ">canadian pharmacies comparison</a> - best canadian pharmacy

20. MichaelCrurl

MichaelCrurl Member