1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Angelfish Eye Color is Fading-Red to Silver (Advice Wanted)

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases & Cures' started by LemonDiscus, Oct 14, 2008.

1. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Thread Starter Active Member

Anyone know what it means when the eye color goes away on your fish? The breeding pair of angels no longer have their red eyes. They are silver now.

Anyone know what this means? Water parameters match my community tank they came from downstairs?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Re: Change in eye color

Maybe stress, possibly stress, its stress.

3. LemonDiscus

Ok, makes sense as they are stressed from the environment change. Just wanted to make sure that was the cause. Freaking out over here! :)

Thanks for the second opinion!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Now lemme follow that up with the fact that angelfish are the bain of my existance and I have never been able to keep one alive for longer than a couple months, but that said, I tried to rescue one from wal mart that was just plain old silver in the store, I got it home and its eyes turned bright red, and black stripes showed up on its body almost immediately. Then, like I said before, it died :( So, I have stopped torturing angels and left them to people like you lol.

5. LemonDiscus

:)
    Wow... that is a way to put that! :)

6. LemonDiscus

Well this morning they are red again

7. LemonDiscus

Ok, for the 1st time sense putting the Angels in the bare-bottom tank they decided to eat today. They got their black back on their bodies and have nice pretty red eyes again. I had to be stress from living with me for the past year in a planted tank to being moved to a simple bare-bottom tank. They also are more spunky then they have been sense the move. Still not acting like they did downstairs in my 125 but seem to be doing better. I hope I did not jinx myself by posting this already :D

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Glad they are doing better! I have noticed that since I took out all my fake plants and am waiting to go to the pet store for real ones that my angels are more active, as well as my little cory cat. I left his favorite plant in because he stays underneath it all the time, but since removing the others he has been out and about a lot more. In fact he is doing laps around the tank right now..lol.

9. LemonDiscus

lol corys are funny! They are quite spastic at times!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I have had this little guy for at least 4 years, and he stays under this one plant in the corner of my tank all the time. The loach will come through when he is in spastic mode and just mow over him, he just swims right back to his little plant and watches the world go by.

11. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

deemed stress related.