1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

ANOTHER TEXAN HERE!!! =D

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ilikeguppies, Apr 21, 2011.

1. ilikeguppies

ilikeguppies Thread Starter New Member

Hello all! hiya

GOD IS GOOD AND HIS MERCIES ENDURETH FOREVER!!!! congrats congrats

My name is Thien, I'm Vietnamese, 28 years old, from Houston, TX, and currently a student going into Education to work with children. I found out about this site from youtube.com. I was watching different types of Endlers and someone made a comment recommending this site so here I am. I've only looked around briefly and I think this website is truly a blessing to all exotic fish hobbyists! Praise GOD!

Alright now about those Endler Guppies =D
    I just recently discovered about Endler Guppies and those small things are fascinating! I thought guppies were cool but when I found out about Endlers I was blown away!

I'm fairly new to the fish hobby. Just learned so much about cycling, nitrate/ph/salinity levels, good bacteria, different lighting for different types of plants, weekly water changes, soil and ammonia levels, Co2 systems, and the list goes on and on. It's a challenge in the beginning but I feel like I've got a good grasp on raising freshwater fish now. (Of course I'm always open to learn new things =D) It's been a good 3 months of learning and understanding things but I'm grateful for the many sites out there like this one that has taught me so much. A quick thanks to all those who contributed!!

I have 4 tanks set up right now with the help of others on a different site. Biggest tank is a 60gal. and it's a planted tank with a bunch of guppy fries. I also have a 20 gal. a 10gal. and a little bowl with plants and shrimp in it. I pretty much have guppies in them all =D All the tanks are cycled and are ready for Endlers to colonize!!!

I want to begin breeding different pure strains of Endlers. The only problem is I don't have any pure strains yet. I recently bought 4 male cobra endlers from a local fish store that bought them from Florida. I don't know how pure they are but they look really good to me. I was blessed by reading some other posts about the different classes of strains on this site earlier. That was very informative thank you all. (especially you Anthony hiya congrats )

I've been searching many local fish stores in Houston with little success for Endlers. I recently joined this other site and one person had some Endlers for sale but they were crossbred types mostly. I was wondering if anyone had any pure strains here they're willing to sell?

I've never bought fish online or have them shipped to me. Never used paypal so a little guidence and help would be needed in that area as well.

I want to just send my greetings to you all! I think this site is truly a blessing and hope I get to meet many lovely people! Thank you all in advance for any and every help you're going to bless me with!! God loves you all and be bless!!

2. Ben

Ben New Member

Welcome to the forum. I am on the hunt for some pure strains of endlers as well. I have a few sources I am going to be getting from just waiting for them to be available. Hope you have some luck out in your area or find somebody that can ship to you.

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Hello Thien and welcome to THE EXOTIC FISH forum: our friendly & family oriented forum that focuses in on the proper care of wet pets.

;) We are glad that you have found us and can only hope that you make yourself feel right at home with the rest of us.

[icon_question.gif] If you find yourself needing HELP at any point and time please feel free to contact:
    -> myself - Mod_Dawn
    -> our site owner- Anthony
    ...and we’d be glad to assist you in any way that we can.

[*]To get started I suggest you first create your Profile

-> Please note that your avatar should be no larger than 120x120 pixels and any photo/photos that you post to the forum will need to be below 400kb.

[*]Afterwards, you can follow the link below to our Photography / Video section and post your own photos / videos if you have any readily available!
    Aquarium Photos - Show off your Tank Forum

[*] Finally, you can browse through the topics and add your own experiences or thoughts & even post your own unique topic!

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

For endler sources I'd go with either Anthony (who got his off Adrian if I recall correctly) or Adrian himself.
    Adrian--> http://swampriveraquatics.com/

They BOTH list on aquabid from time to time too!

5. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

welcome.

6. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Welcome...Oh my gosh I didn't realize people still actively wanted endlers. I have a 20 long with probably 100 class n endlers.

7. ilikeguppies

Hello all,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I feel the love! =D

I'm sort of a late on discovering about Endlers.
    Can you give me more info. about your Endlers? Maybe a couple of pictures if you have any?
    I didn't want to resort to Aquabid until asked around first.

8. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

9. ilikeguppies

HBIC You have any pictures of your endlers the I may see?

Forgive me in advance as I'm a newbie in Endlers still. What is meant when you said 20 Long?

Thanks.

10. ilikeguppies

11. Ben

Ben New Member

As many fish people as there are in Texas you shouldn't have a big problem finding them. A 20 long is a 20 gallon tank but it is the long style. They also make a 20 high which is the tall style.

12. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

13. ilikeguppies

Okay thank you Anthony.
    I'm guessing the Endlers that Ben has are those black bars?

Anthony, would you have any Endlers available for sale at the moment?

14. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Not sure, I haven't seen his.

I have several smaller ones, no adults though.

15. ilikeguppies

I wouldn't mind having smaller Endlers. That's the beauty in raising them right? watching different stages of their growth? hehe well it's pretty interesting to me.

How would you sell those hot babies and what method of payment do you accept Anthony? Paypal?

16. jmilton088

jmilton088 New Member

hmmmm ..thanks for such a discovering! carrot

17. larry smith

larry smith New Member

Hello buddy I just join exotic fish yesterday and I also live near Houston small world uh? I am not for sure but I do believe that my local pet smart has the endler guppies that you are looking . I will check it out and let you know. You have a great evening.

18. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

Guys, this topic is old. Maybe a close is in order?