1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Anthony, thanks for the invite

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sacem, May 26, 2010.

1. Sacem

Sacem Thread Starter New Member

Hello all, I'm Scott, from northern Indiana, USA. I have just recently come to find this forum, thanks to Anthony finding me on facebook. :D And for that I say thanks! I am a member of a few other forums as well, you may have seen me as Biddy there. I am changing the name though as that one is very outdated. Just so you are aware, the SACEM is the first letter of everyone in my family, and it just so worked out that it could be "sack 'em, I'm taking them home' when I am selling my cichlids! :)
    Ok, so about me... I'm a married father of 3, currently in college, majoring in biology with a minor in chemistry. I have worked in everything from laborer jobs to engineering (I helped with a safety device that is installed in every vehicle sold in the US), communications while in the navy (for you military types, ET), and technician galore (most of my titles have had that in the name somewhere!). I currently only have a dozen tanks up and running (20-125gal), down from my high of 28 about a year and a half ago. I am a big fan of cichlids-these guys have got to be the best fish out there, with their colors, wonderful parental behaviors, and just plain attitude. Currently I have mostly Africans, including frontosa, yellow labs, peacocks, dolphin, lithobates and a synodontis for good measure. I also have kept South Americans, but as for now I only have the wonderful calico convicts and a few bristlenose plecos and cory cats as well.
    Now that I have written a book, I want to say thanks again to Anthony for the invite, and hopefully I will be able to spend some time around here. Please bare with me though, as sometimes I do get pretty busy with the kids, schoolwork, the tanks, helping others with their tanks, and the like.

Cheers,
    Scott

2. nossie

nossie Member

Welcome! I'm quite amazed reading about all the tanks/fish you've got! It'd be awesome to see a few photos! :)

If I may ask, what kind of book did you write? :D

3. Sacem

Thanks, and I will load some pics up when I can.
    As for the book writing, I was joking about having wrote such a long introduction. :)

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Welcome to the forum Scott!
    Glad to have you with us :)

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to Aquarium Space Scott, I'm glad you joined us !

6. nossie

nossie Member

Arr! Now I'm a bit embarrassed... xD *goes to hide*

7. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

welcome.

8. Penycat

Penycat New Member

welcome to the forum! Do your kids have any interest in the hobby? I've got 3 as well and my oldest who's 9 right now loves them too:) It's fun to see the younger ones get all excited when their fish spawn and things:)

9. Sacem

No worries, I may have worded that a little off :)

Yes, Penycat, all of my kids are into the aquariums. My daughter is the oldest at 11, and she's wanting me to get some geophagus, she's drawn pictures to be submitted to (hmm, which fish magazine was that), and is always wanting to go to Chicago (or Indy even) when I go for fish club events. My 2 boys, 3 and 5, are avid "fish hunters" and are willing to help catch fry, or help do water changes and the like. I had some pics of them in the fishroom 'working' one day, but I believe they are on the other computer. My 5 yr old will tell me if a fish is holding, and the 3yr old gets super excited anytime he gets to see the fry coming out, swimming around or what not.

10. Penycat

Penycat New Member

That's awesome!!! I'm hoping my other 2 will get into it just as much, but we'll see. You're close enough to go to the ACA weekend in WI this year...lucky :p

11. Sacem

Yeah, hopefully we can make a trip out of it!

12. cooltow1

cooltow1 Member

13. metrofish

metrofish New Member

Welcome