1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Anti Spam Bot

Discussion in 'Site News / Feedback / Questions' started by Anthony, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

If you guys notice a new option in your profile ( <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theexoticfish.com/ucp.php?i=164" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">ucp.php?i=164</a> ) called "AntiSpamBot" don't be alarmed. I had to put this into place because so many bots were registering on the forum (but they never activated their accounts). I got tired of deleting these registrations each day.

You can leave it as "Yes" (it's default setting) and it will not cause any problems. If you want to change it to "No" that's fine too.

Bots shouldn't be able to select the "No" option from the drop down menu on the registration page, so phpBB says.

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

good to know, thanks for keeping us updated on the lil changes here and there..most helpful as usual!

3. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Just making your life easier huh anthony ^^ Great job on it ;)

4. Leslie

Leslie New Member

i dont ever pay attention so i dont know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.