1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

anyone with a fish room?

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by eeyipes, Jul 24, 2008.

1. eeyipes

eeyipes Thread Starter New Member

Fish Room Anyone?

Just wondering ... is there anyone here who enjoys their fish so much that they've devoted an entire room in the house strictly for the fishies? A tanks only room?

Sounds like fun to me. Unfortunately I think DH would disagree. :)

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

In VT I had one room that was just used for my tanks. I loved it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I live in a studio apt so beside the tv will holds my ten gallon which i find myself looking at mre often than whatever is on, and directly to my right is my 55 gallon which is in an akward viewing angle unless I am sitting on the bed. I am talking to a guy right now who has a shelf system for sale that holds three 20 gallon tanks to replace the ten gallon. So I am basically living in a fish's world. :D

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

If you get the shelf are you going to get 3 new 20 gallons ?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The guy is selling three twenty gallons the shelve thing, and all the accessories that his son had for them (one was a terrarium, one a guppy tank, and one still has a cichlid in it which is included) for $50, i emailed im and told him I would give him $60 if he would hold it till sunday. haha

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

That's a great deal if you get it for that. Good luck!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Just talked to the guy and he is sending me a inventoried list of all the items and everything that is included. So excited, and open to any ideas on what to do with each 20g long tank.

8. eeyipes

eeyipes Thread Starter New Member

Well, a tankful of happy little Endler's in one ...

9. Jake

Jake Administrator

i wish i had an extra room to use for my fish

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Unfortunetly I could not meet up with the guy with the tanks while passing through Raleigh today so, I unfortunetly didnt get the tanks. But I have decided to make room for my 40 gallon tank I was going to take to my parents house!

11. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

That's exciting.

Have you thought about getting a tank stand from Lowes/Home Depot ? The steel type you see in garages pretty often. I'm not sure if you still wanted a multi-tank stand or not but it's an idea if you did.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Just got my 40 gallon moved in and started cycling it today. I am using the old filter for now to just go ahead and start the cycle, however, I have ordered a HOT magnum 250 filter that I will be using as my everyday filter. I am also looking for a t5 hood on ebay.

13. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Are you using filter media from a cycled tank ?

14. Penycat

Penycat New Member

Those shelves, the metal ones at lowes, I know a fish guy that uses them in his fish room (we're talking big time building fish room!) he said they are rated to 1800lb PER SHELF! That's awesome and what I plan on doing when I get my garage fixed up.

15. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Yeah, those things are tough. Great for aquarium stands.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Yea, I am using the filter from the tank before I moved it, all media still in water etc.

17. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Since you're doing that you don't need to cycle the tank really. That already provides enough bacteria to support some fish. Leaving it in the tank without fish is causing the bacteria to slowly die off.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I have tanks in the living room,one in the bedroom and one in the kitchen now only the office and the bathroom are tank free as of this minute. Our vets tech said we look more like the new york aquarium that the real aquarium does..it's kind of like being in a huge tank when you are in the living room..water sounds plants and fish everywhere..even x-ed out cable, never got watched cause of the fish! I am looking into one of those "toilet-topper" tanks, where the tank is for fish! Anyone have any experience about them?
    I would only keep neon tetras or guppies in it though due to size!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I have started on my 40 gallon tank. I m using a HOT Magnum 250 canister filter, a oddysea 36" 96w hood, two 75 watt heaters and crushed coral substrate. So far I have added two pieces of driftwood, some grasses and a sword plant. Until I figure out what I am going to keep in the tank I have three guppies chillin that will hopefully wait to breed until they are put back in the ten gallon. I have some java moss on order as well as two breeding sets of Nothobranchius Rachovii Beira (Killifish) on waitlist until I get the parameters correct.

20. BobV

BobV Member