1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Aquatic Related Items to Wish For

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Anonymous, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I WANT A TANK I FOUND ON CRAIGS LIST!!!!!!!

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Re: I WANT THIS TANK!!!!!!!

Why does it look like there's a bird in there ? LoL

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

hahaha lol it's because of the awesome deal, and im wanting to get a cichlid tank and that would be perfect, i emaild the person selling it, and i'm begging and pleading to my parents over the phone :D

4. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

hahaha, i hope you get it!

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Lol i have my laptop/tv desk that i can clear off and the tank would fit perfectly on it with a little extra space, so i hope the desk would hold. If i were to get it would cichlid's get along with the pleco?

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Usually not.

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

yeah they should, most fish ignore plecos. Arapima are the only ones I have heard of eating a pleco. If they are africans you will definetly be fine. That is unless your keeping buttis.

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Ok, i figured that, i would probably have to wait until the fish sold then. Now my desk is near a large window, would i need to move it because of the sun?

9. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

And i'm not really sure what kinds of cichlid's i would get, but most deffientley the most brightest colored ones, that of course get along with each other

10. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I've heard countless stories of African's eating the eyes out of plecos and eventually dying or killing them.

11. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

What are the tank dimensions ?

12. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

WOW, that's horrible, so i deffientley would wait until the pleco sold.

Gah i hope this tank is sitll available, and i'll just really have to beg and plead to my parents. And all i really need there help with is bringing the tank upstairs to my room, and if need be, rearaging the furniture in my room.

13. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Whatever the dimensions of a normal 60 gallon is, but not as tall, i also emailed him for the exact dimensions, but its a 43 gal show tank

14. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Never once had an African as much as look at a pleco. Esp if the pleco is larger than the africans.

15. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

yea im not sure what size of africans i would get, but more than likely i will have to special order them

16. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

What about a tanki I found in Orange County? i'm kind of leaning more towards it because this one comes with the matching stand and an actual hood for about $100. Whereas the other one i would have to invest in a new stand since my parents think that my desk won't hold the water. My only worry is the Oscar, I wonder if they would sell it separately.

17. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

the only problem I have run into with my 55 is that it simply isnt wide enough. But with that said that looks like a great tank, and 100 bucks isnt bad maybe you can offer them a little less and give the oscars away of sell it.

18. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

ok, i've also e-mailed a person about a 60 gallon tank, i'm hoping the tanks aren't all to wide as they will be placed in my bedroom, right next to my 20 gallon tank. And my only problem with the first tank that i liked is that even though it came with all of the super nice accessories, i would have to invest in a stand, and those can get expensive.

19. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

If you get one of the larger tanks you mention you can turn your 20g into a sump for it. That would hide all the accessories and leave you more room in the tank. I know Wal-mart and Petsmart have stands that are fairly reasonable...also craigslist is a great place! What about e-bay--I see a bunch of aquariums that come complete with stands on there (you'll just have to search by distance)?

20. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

DIY Stand :cool: Project!