1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Aqueon Products in General

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by MOD_Dawn, Jan 4, 2010.

do you use aqueon brand products?

1. yes

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Thread Starter Active Member

Anyone here using aqueon products?
    Likes? Dislikes?

Just wondering about there products overall...I know I've seen there QuietFlow filters on the market and multiple foods & water additives and was just wondering if there stuff is truly up to par?

I know the aqueon tanks are the former all glass aquariums (which mind you I love the all glass aquariums...I like the thicker glass despite the extra weight imo)

http://www.aqueonproducts.com/about/
    ph: 1-800-255-4527

2. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

Re: aqueon products

my 55g tank is from aqueon, along with a 200 watt heater and 2 aqueon 55 h.o.b. filters. the tank is really good and the heater is doing a good job also. the filters are 325gph ea (which isn't too bad), the filter inserts (each one takes 2) are alittle pricey like $3.50 ea or a 3 pack for $20.00. you can't take the carbon out without destroing it and as of yet not been able to find another type of filter that will work, have to get the aqueon brand. seeing as this set up is for our african cichlids we'll change out the filter inserts about 3 months (alternating between the 2 filters), until then they get rinsed out with tank water at water change time. other than that we're quite happy with the whole set up.