1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Back again

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by NoctuVide, Dec 16, 2010.

1. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Thread Starter Member

Hey everyone it's been quite some time since I've posted on here but I'm back. Nothing too new with the tanks other than I broke down one of the 55s, have a 10 gal pea puffer tank and plan on re-setting up a 10gal nano saltwater tank after the holidays. Hope to talk to you all soon and start posting pics once again!

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Hey ! Where have ya been buddy ?

3. NoctuVide

Hey Anthony, been pretty much living at work, been planning a marriage (engaged now, getting married next year), and fell out of favor with the hobby for a while due to some losses I had with some of my favorite/ more expensive fish I had that completely frustrated me almost to the point of completely giving it up all together. Luckily I didn't and now that it's been a while, I'm getting right back into it. How are things going for you and your tanks?

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Congrats on the engagement !

Losing fish that are expensive does take it's toll on you. Been there, done that.

Everything's going well. I just set up a new 65 gallon tank for the Swordtails. Still working on it a bit. Changing over threw it into a little cycle so I've held off doing too much to it.

5. NoctuVide

nice on the new tank! breeding project with the swords? Funny thing about that, I just recently picked up a trio of Marigold Swordtails. The only live bearers I've ever really kept that I had success with were mollies, so I decided to give swordtails a shot.

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Welcome back and congrats on the engagement!

Sorry to hear about the fish loss...losing ANY fish Bites...but especially when their expensive (major ouch).
    I think the most expensive fish I lost to date woulda been the flachen Discus...which I suspect the others in the group bullied and it darted behind a piece of slate and apparently got stuck and passed away (took me a lil over a day to figure out where it went...planted/highly decorated tanks can make finding corpses difficult). Lol!

What is up with the swordtails guys? My Lfs had these deep romantic orange ones on sale for $2.00ea, but I managed to resist. (hoping to add another brilliant to the gang...and yes, I've been a good girl so Santa better deliver!)

7. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Yep. Paid a bleep load of money for Pearl Swordtails. I have a few Pineapples in there as well. So far only one fry has survived in the 4 or 5 months I've had them. I'm hoping with the larger tank and (what I call) fry section, they have enough hiding places so some more survive the next drops.

8. NoctuVide

Anthony, I Saw some of the pics of them you took, beautiful fish! I wish you luck with it!

Dawn, thank you! I would still love to eventually do some discus! Hmmm...I do have an empty 55.... lol Did you ever end up getting any bamboo for your yard? I remember taking pics of some I bought to show you how it would look lol All my clumping bamboo ended up doubling in size (both width and height) this summer.

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Empty tank with sand and a few swords randomly placed...I'm seeing a discus tank in the making. Lol!

Didn't get the bamboo because the city ran out of funding and wanted an insane amount for the lot I planned on using, so waiting on them to get more cash so it can be bought at a lower price.