1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Banjo Catfish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by James0816, May 26, 2010.

1. James0816

James0816 Thread Starter New Member

Sun May 17, 2009 7:36 pm
    Here's my guy.
    banjo.JPG

2. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

According to the size I expect snails to get to, he is really tiny.
    How big you think it'll get?

3. Leslie

Leslie New Member

i looked at getting one of these! what size tank do u have him in?

4. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

Awesome catfish and great snail eaters too.
    I have three in a 210 and they are all around 3" or so, got em around 2", they are supposed to grow UP TO 6 inches.
    Best part about them is they tend to go into a daze when handled. I do not recommend netting these guys, rather just scoop them up from their bellies, they wont swim away.

If you can observe them during the middle of dark hours its a sight to be seen, not only are they schoolers but they literally help eachother out finding stuff to eat.

5. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

thats so cool =C

6. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

actually night is the ONLY time you will see one unless its moving spots OR sick/dying. They are the same colors as flatheads(yellow cats) the molted blacks and browns for camo and hide in the gravel all day. Neat fish though, I plan on 3 more for the 210 and maybe a pair for the 52g if I can find info on genderizing.