1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Blue Pearl Shrimp

Discussion in 'Invertebrates' started by MasterBlue, Jan 22, 2011.

1. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Thread Starter Active Member

I just got some blue pearls offa aquabid, cheap and free shipping, so who could argue?
    They're floating in one of my fry traps right now, all of them are white-yellow, some have a light blue hint to them, so I'll cross my fingers that they'll color up once fed and adjusted to there new tank.

From what I'm understanding, the blue hasn't been bred into strains like the red has, like there aren't any brighter or more solid lines available to public, y'all know if this is right?

2. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

This are James babies.
    ai735.photobucket.com_albums_ww357_James0816_Tiger_20Shrimp_BlueTigerMorph_010611.jpg
    and his orange eye blue tiger
    ai735.photobucket.com_albums_ww357_James0816_Tiger_20Shrimp_OrangeEyeMaybe.jpg

3. James0816

James0816 New Member

Not sure what your asking here Master. Can you be a little more specific? Like can they cross with others or such? I know they can cross with Snowballs as they are a different morph from them. They can also cross with RCS and Yellows too.

4. MasterBlue

Sorry.
    I was asking if they color up as much as the rcs.

5. James0816

James0816 New Member

got ya. IMO....it is going to depend on the stocking. I have some really brilliant blues in my mix. I would think though if compare colorwise between the two, reds will show more just being that it is a darker color.

6. MasterBlue

true that.

Thats a neat set of shrimp there, that blue tiger.

The blue pearls I got look more like snowballs. Only one of them has a sufficient amount of blue... =/ I'll just hope it's from the new environment.

7. James0816

James0816 New Member

Give em some time. They will lose color during transport. Once they settle in, it should come back.

8. MasterBlue

Thats what I'm gunna hope for, haha.
    Minor problem tho; I'm about to drain the tank that they are in so I can clean it and set it up on it's new stand, also adding some better dividers in it. SO, I'll be stressing them out more so I'll be some time till I get to see any color improvements I'm betting.

9. James0816

James0816 New Member

Yikes! Good luck and hope they do ok.

10. Jeff W

Jeff W New Member

I picked up some snowballs up here and what i was told is that snowballs will throw blues along with white. I have both in my tank.

Jeff

11. James0816

James0816 New Member

Yep...Snowball and Pearls will cross.