1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Brian

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bj.kracht, Aug 27, 2010.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Depends, you'd have to ask the store (every one is different)..most won't take them until their almost adult size and won't give you squat for them. If you do end up with unknown sexes and a breeding pair you could always offer them on Craigslist and to avoid shipping state pick up only.

2. nossie

nossie Member

I didn't really read the posts so far (sorry for that) but in case you're worrying about the fish breeding, I can comfort you with the fact that most fish simply eat their children. It's only a few species that actually have any kind of parental instincts towards their young.

3. bj.kracht

bj.kracht Thread Starter New Member

Ok awesome, not that that is so awesome about them eating them, but i dont want a million fish swimming around. Thanks!

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

yep, nossies right...but if the tanks really really planted or has lots of hiding places some will find a way to survive on a more cheery note :) haha!

5. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

cycling is easy,basically you are creating an environment when you cycle.

If you can get a bigger tank go for it. with a 3g tank you have to do water changes daily, usually 55g+ you can get away with weekly and biweekly water changes, they stay healthier and more "in check" then smaller tanks do.

King bettas are good for around 4-5" max.