1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

can anyone help..i would be eternally grateful!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nadia, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Nadia

Nadia Thread Starter New Member

Hi everyone I am kind of in a bind right now...

I have had my saltwater tank for a little over 3 years now...and only 2 clownfish have been in there since the very beginning. So I have been lucky enough to have never lost a fish; but not sure if I will be able to make that same statement in a few days from now. My tank is 30 gallons and I am experiencing my first bit of problems so I am on here in hopes of a solution. I am looking for tetracycline antibiotics since the fish store antibiotics don't seem to be working (marycyn two) and I have been treating them since Sunday..anyone on here local and have any that they would be willing to part with? I would be willing to pay you for not only the antibiotics, but for the hassle in meeting me (time, driving, etc).

I am a busy student over at Cal Poly but taking care of my fish is my top priority right now so I am willing to drive pretty much anywhere to get them their medication. I have done a lot of research and I am confident that they both have a bacterial infection (not sure if it's gram negative or gram positive though). If anyone can help please let me know, thank you!

Nadia

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Nadia, let me start by saying welcome to the community. The key in treating any illness in making sure that you are treating for the correct thing. May I ask you what you are treating this fish for?

3. Nadia

Nadia Thread Starter New Member

Hi HBIC thanks for getting back to me. I actually posted all that info in my previous post in the emergency section of this website..but to answer your question, I'm pretty confident it's a gram negative bacterial infection. I was able to check out the bacteria under a transmission electron microscope, and the bacteria are cylindrical in shape.

One of the fish has a nodule that is coming off her body on the side (light black color with some gray) and the other clownfish has a red dot under his mouth, that appears to be getting bigger in size as well.

They were eating, until I started treating them with marycyn on sunday. Petco recommended the tetracycline given the circumstances, since the fish with the bigger patch is no longer eating, and the patch is only getting large in size.