1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Colomesus Asellus-Amazon/SA Puffer (Sizing & Housing ?'s)

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Forum' started by Anonymous, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Can anyone tell me the acctual size of these fish, was looking into the dwarf puffer but they just dont do it for me seem kinda plain and dont get that big. Now the amazon puffer seems to look cool but I cant find a answer on siz have seen anywere from 3"-5.5" thats a big difference as far as im concerned with a 29g tank I dont want to get them if they are too big. Was thinking 2 of them if they were the 3" size with live plants. Any thoughts on this? let me know. Thank you.

2. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Re: Colomesus asellus ( Amazon puffer, South American puffer )

Boo this should have been under fresh water "general" sorry :(

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Adult size is about 3". 2 may just fit in a 29 gallon. About 15 gallons per fish.

4. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

That was my hope, I am trying to figure out a good layout for the tank right now. Figure if I get 2 males or 2 females they will need there own hide out so I am messing around with some stuff in the tank (dry) until I get something I like.

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

You will have to basically fill the tank with things for them to "play" with. Holes, plants etc etc.

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah I have to holes for them to call home and plan on having it planted so they have something to see/play with. I took some pictures of what I have so far just looks really plain w/o the plants. Has anyone ever done a slate backround? I redid my fire place awhile back and have a box of slate left over was thinking that might look cool. I just dont want it to be too dark looking.