1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Convicts

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by pat3612, Feb 3, 2011.

1. pat3612

pat3612 Thread Starter New Member

Can anyone tell me when to take the fry away mom and dad are being good parents also should I feed them or does mom and dad do that when you feed them Thanks :)

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Going to move this to the correct section.

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I would put in some crushed flake food, or if you have fry food use that. They're likely picking at algae and little bits of food they can find in the tank.

As long as the parents aren't eating the little guys you can leave them there. I would leave them as long as possible just to be on the safe side but if I remember correctly (Used to have Convicts years ago) after a few weeks they're ready to move.

4. Alleycat

Alleycat Member

I usually move my fry after the parents have started to get frisky again and looking to spawn. Often parents won't tolerate siblings mixing in with the new fry.
    I fed my cons frozen baby brine shrimp for the first week, (live is even better) then switched to NLS growth. Lot's of folks crush foods for their fry, and that works just fine. Be careful not to overfeed ...