1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Dalmatian Platies

Discussion in 'Livebearer Fish' started by Cynthia, May 16, 2010.

1. Cynthia

Cynthia Thread Starter Member

I was looking around on aquariumfish.net and fell in love with a new strain of Platy there, called Dalmatian platy, I'm thinking about special ordering some that are mostly white and am gonna work on my own pure white strain of them :D but I don't know if they kept theres in mixed tanks or not [icon_e_confused.gif] I hope not because I wanna control what genes get passed down..but if I can get a good supply of pure white Platies would anyone on here buy some? :)

gonna wait a month though...gotta set up tank cylyed get tank ready for fry buy java moss all that but over the next couple years it'll be ALOT of fun to see them breed and grow, heck might mail somebody a school so I can get some help with this...
    hmm
    white micky mouse platies.... :) these have potential awww.aquariumfish.net_images_01_platys_dalm_100512c1_w0090.jpg small pic but I love these fish already look at those blue eyes!

2. Cynthia

<a class="postlink" href="http://aquariumfish.net/catalog_pages/livebearer_platies/platies_table.htm#top2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://aquariumfish.net/catalog_pages/l ... e.htm#top2</a>

scroll down Anthony, their there and beautiful

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I see. Just a new strain. Getting them to be completely white will take a pretty long time.

4. Cynthia

I'm guessing 3-6 years at least if a generation is 4 months