1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Does Petco Purchase from Pet Farms??

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by kamyawoodard, Nov 8, 2010.

1. kamyawoodard

kamyawoodard Thread Starter New Member

Doesn't petco purchase their fish and animals from pet farms??

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

It's my understanding that they come from mass breeders (which you may be referring to as pet farms).

I know the Petco's in addition to many other LFS in my area deal with SunPet (which is a mass breeder also). I've taken the liberty to link their website below so you can enter you zip to find out if your area Petco is also dealing through them.

[*] http://sunpet.com/

[*]Retailer Locator (you can enter your zip to find out if any petstores in your local area deal with sunpet)--> http://sunpet.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Petshop.locator

3. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

lol, my local pet store deals with them XD

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I think it's funny that they list Swordtails as egg layers.

They have a pet store not far from me listed. I've never heard of it before. I'm going to have to go and check it out. Might be a good place for some different fishies. :)

5. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

Yea. I may investigate all 12 of the pet stores they list as close to me .... One of them they list is a western store... I was there less than a week ago, and there are no pet related items except for horse feeds and saddles.

6. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

well its a western store......

Petco and petsmart deal with a load of different wholesale distributers, chicagoland they deal with wilson and apet.