1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Entire SA setup - Leopoldi angels & more!

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Stellaluna, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stellaluna

Stellaluna Thread Starter New Member

Hello-
    I am taking down my current 150-gallon SA setup and am interested in finding homes for the current inhabitants. I have had these fish for about 18 months. The entire group of fish could reside comfortably in a 75 or 90-gallon setup - there is a lot more room in the 150 than they require. The group includes:

5 adult wild-caught P. leopoldi angels (positively identified by Heiko Bleher himself) I believe there are 2 males and 3 females
    1 wild type subadult domestic silver angel - this fish is gorgeous and strongly resembles the leopoldi, with a very "wild" appearance, and was bred by me from a domestic pair.
    1 Festivus cichlid
    School of about 8 Loretto tetras
    School of about 8 rummynose tetras
    School of about 15 cardinal tetras (very robust and healthy!)
    School of about 8 Corydoras trilineatus
    School of about 8 Corydoras sterbai

These fish all do very well in Richmond tap water without any lowering of pH, but they also do well with pH as low as 5.9. I have kept them all in both conditions without any change in health or behavior. The angels are a school and unlike most FW angels these fish will likely not pair off and spawn unless the pH is brought as low as 5.4 or so, with very low hardness and low DOCs (per Heiko). If you want a nice school of angels, then these are the fish for you. They all get along very very well. If you want to breed them, the offspring would bring a very nice price due to the somewhat uncommon species of angel. There is no fighting or aggression among any of the fish in this tank, and the tetras are not chased or hunted in any way.

Considering the health and rarity of the angels, I'd like $50 for the group, and will include all of the other fish for an additional $35. This is far, far less than what was paid for these fish. I am definitely willing to negotiate.

If you visit my blog in my sig you will see pictures of the tank setup and the fish.

2. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

OMG I wish I had the space and funds they would be in my house now.

3. Stellaluna

Stellaluna Thread Starter New Member

I do not need to keep the group together, incidentally, if there are particular fish of interest to someone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.