1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Finally got my new Tank for my Betta!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anonymous, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Well i was ordering off of Petco for the ratties food and all. And i came to this awesome looking 2.5g tank. I did some searching here on this forum and online. Come to find out that bettas should have at least 2.5g tank. I NEVER knew that, i always thought they where bowl fish.

So i decide to buy him the tank, as people where saying that you can tell that your Betta is more happy as he will swim around more! And the great news is when i had him in his bowl he would always be at the bottom (expect for feeding time) and now in his new tank he is ALWAYS at the top and swimming around like crazy! Its so awesome to just sit and watch him! He just passed his 1 year B-Day! ;) So Star is a little over a year old approx.

It was a funny thing to, i had ordered Star some decoration to put in the tank with him. And when i received the little flower decoration is was broken into two pieces. So i told Petco and they sent a replacement right away. Well funny thing is i decide that when i got the tank that i was going to need more trees or plants for him to hide in. So i thought well maybe i can just super glue the first flower plant together and then when i get the new one in the mail he will have plenty. Well so that's what i did you can see in the first picture on the left is the one i had to super glue back together.(cant even tell) :Thumbs Up:
    And the one on the right i just got in the mail this morning. So it worked out perfect, as i already had the rocks from his last bowl. :)

So hear is a new picture i just took of Star and his new Tank!!
    awww.postimage.org_PqThH2J.jpg

And here is lovely Star, kinda blurry as it is hard to get a good picture of a fish lol. :)
    awww.postimage.org_PqThR1i.jpg

2. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

how much did you pay?If you payed over 50 yo could of got a 10 gallon and get more fish but its nice

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Nope i only paid 30 and it is glass. I have 2 10 gallons but they are in use right now. And my local pet store sells 10 gallons for 30+ as we live in a very small town. (one big reason why i ordered it)

So thats why i got this nice looking tank for my Betta! It couldn't be more perfect. And honestly i wouldn't want to get more fish with a Male Betta!!

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

It looks nice. I'm sure he loves all the room he has now.

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Very cute. I bet he is one happy betta! I have one of those tanks on the bar in my kitchen full of guppies. I have had it for about 2 years now and it has been very easy to maintain.
    Off topic... how did you get the pictures on here? I have been trying and can't get anything to display?

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Ive got a male betta in a 40 gallong with a bunch of neons, killies, etc. Im not sure why people insist on keeping them in such small tanks.

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I don't either! I would be worried about the tetras and stuff picking on him, you know, because of his long fins. Which if he has a lot of room then good for him!

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I agree! I actually already upgraded my 2.5 gallon to a 5 Gallon now. Star has a light, heating, filter, and a huge tank now. He also even has a few snails with him as they came with the Moss that i bought.

You can tell he just LOVES the room! I hate going into pet stores seeing those poor Betta's in a small bowl.

But thanks to everyone that gave great advice, i know my fish says thank you to! ;)

9. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Yes, chalk up another one for the good side of the force!