1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

freaking out !!!

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by angelLuver, Sep 1, 2009.

1. angelLuver

angelLuver Thread Starter New Member

went to my local fishstore today,they did not have any bb !!!! do angel babies eat anything other than that??? gonna try 2 other store i know of around here!!! :confused:

2. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

They should be able to eat flake food. Just crush it up really well and they should be fine.

3. angelLuver

they havent even hatcked yet..so i should have said babies to be?! sorry

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

agree, turn the flake food into powder.
    Hikari First Bites is a great fry food too as is azoo 9 in 1 artificial artemia

looks like these-->
    <a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/HIKARI-FIRST-BITES-BABY-FISH-FOOD-35-OZ_W0QQitemZ260302425720QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3c9b3bce78&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/HIKARI-FIRST-BITES- ... .m20.l1116</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/-LOT-of-3-AZOO-9-in-1-ARTIFICIAL-ARTEMIA!!_W0QQitemZ190225707002QQcmdZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/-LOT-of-3-AZOO-9-in ... dZViewItem</a>

5. angelLuver

ok,i have that...and some bb that came in lil ice cubes...was shocked my lfs didnt have them...

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

then your good to go!
    <--always used powdered fish food for fry..with the exclusion of the cory abd bristles...for them they got tiny chips off an hikari algae wafer and zuch and cuc.

7. angelLuver

even wigglers?

8. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

yep, crushed food or powdered/chipped algae tabs

9. cooltow1

cooltow1 Member

Frozen BB will work for the first few days, hard boiled egg yolk or greenwater daphnia

Rick

10. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

NO... Wigglers dont need food. They are feeding on their yolk from their egg. Thats why they wiggle, their yolk makes them too heavy to swim.

Start feeding after all fry go free swimming for 1 day (for the first day or 2 the free swimmers are still feeding off of the yolk) That would mean about day 4 or 5 AFTER they hatch start feeding (day 6 or 8 after eggs have been laid).

11. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I dunno...I always fed mine immed after the yolk sac disappeared and they ate (watched them)...but again..never had just Wigglers...always had NUMEROUS fry at once all in different stages. Lol!

12. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

I mean with wigglers, they just sit where they were hatched and shake... thats all they do... they wont move until they go free swimming.... and even then they dont eat much if anything at all the first day or 2 free swimming.

IF you feed them the day that they free swim dont feed much or it will just go uneaten and foul the water

13. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

agreed, water quality is always important and always caution on how much you feed any aquatic (overfeeding will lead to many problems)...always better to feed less and a couple times a day :)

14. angelLuver

great !!! thanks alot guys !!! ( and lady)