1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Green Terror Eye Trauma (Suggestions Wanted)

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases & Cures' started by Anonymous, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

My green terror's eye looks like it had been scratched or something. Its not cloudy (the whole eye that is) but their is like a flap looking thing or soemthing on it that looks white, almost milky. My camera is dead otherwise I would take a pic. Its the front part of his eye, which makes me think he rubbed it on something maybe. Please help. If I need to add anything to the tank such as melafix or pimafix I have both on hand and ready to go.

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Re: HELP!

Add both of those. Keep an eye on it and see how it looks in a few days. If it gets worse it could be a more serious problem then a scratch.

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

What should I look out for? I mean beyond the obvious things like the eye not getting better, or the whole eye becoming cloudy, are there any suttle signs I should be watching for?

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Yeah, make sure the whole eye doesn't become cloudy or begin to bulge from his head.

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Ok, just in case it becomes cloudy or starts bulging from his head, what should be done in that case? I dont want to notice it one night and not be able to do anything about it.

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

If it starts to pop out it could be pop-eye. If that's the case you will need a stronger medicine like Maracyn and Maracyn Two.

7. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

use the prima tonight then the mela in the morning and watch it for the night and in morning if it is worse is probally popeye which like ant said gets the serious does just make sure ya do a Wc before treating with the heavy stuff

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Just an update, the eye looks about 70% healed, I only added the melafix and pimafix the first night. As I suspected it was a wound and nothing more, lets hope.

9. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

That's great.

10. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Melafix and Pimlafix are about the most general medications out there, that really do a whole lot of nothing that peroxide won't do. If you are in need of an antifungal or a disinfectant use peroxide, about a capful to every gallon of water. It's cheaper and does a lot better IMO/IME

11. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

issue remedied and member has since been banned resulting in this topic being locked since he cannot respond.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.