1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

greeting from new england

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by orangejoshua, Mar 30, 2010.

1. orangejoshua

orangejoshua Thread Starter New Member

hello all,

i havent had much time, going back to school and all, but looking forward to checking out the forum. um, a little about myself and the fish i keep. . .

well the epoxy-coated 6x2x2 plywood tank i helped build this summer is still up and running with no leaks so my shoal of african tetras (a. longipinnis and p. interruptus), craigslist-rescued-6-maybe-7-inch-monster-ctenopoma acutirostre, and girlfriend are all resting easy. the 50 gallon in the kitchen is a platy breeding colony the ctenopoma convinced me to setup. i've always had a bias for freshwater african species but my recent relocation, 200 yards from massachusetts bay, inspired me to attempt my first marine aquarium a few months back. its a 50 gallon coldwater tank with marine algae, some inverts, a cunner (t. adspersus), mummichogs (f. heteroclitus) and a sculpin i believe to be a myocephalus sp.

anyone out there have any experience with cold-water marine tanks and/or info on the upper temperature tolerances of temperate marine algae? i've found some aquaculture info but none specifically about closed system/aquarium-type husbandry.

thanks for the warm welcome!

2. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Welcome to thr forum

3. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

welcome

4. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

Welcome ^^ Your very detailed! =3
    Sorry, no info, I'm not brave enough to venture past my current tanks. (fresh-brackish)

5. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

I know a guy on another forum that keeps a cold water marine tank but unfortunately I can't link you to his MASSIVE thread about this due to forum rules.

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Hey, welcome aboard.