1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Guess what I got?!:Festae Male (Announcement)

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anonymous, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Take a look at this guy, thanks to Pee Wee, I got him for a tremendously good price. Cell phone pics sorry!
    festaemale2.jpg festaemale1.jpg

2. crazhrse

crazhrse New Member

Re: Guess what I got?!

wow nelson he looks awesome, glad i was able to help you out bud, enjoy! ;)

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

He's very nice looking. He should look great as an adult.

4. trundle_sam

trundle_sam Member

forgive the obvious noob question but what is that fine looking fish?

5. crazhrse

crazhrse New Member

that is a wild caught male festae (red terror) from jeff rapps at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.tangledupincichlids.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tangledupincichlids.com</a> he is without a doubt the best of the best,awesome fish

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Yep, hes a good ole Festae, one of the rootinest, tootinest, roughest, toughest, meanest sons a gun when fully grown and yet right now hes a little pansy, in my avatar you can see what a female looks like!

7. crazhrse

crazhrse New Member

nelson did your festae fry come from rapps also

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Came from a wild caught pair that came from rapps, so indirectly yes, I got them from Eddie at Bluegrass Aquatics, I cannot stress enough how helpful Eddie was when ordering them. The fry are growing sloooooowwwww, they are getting biweekly 50% water changes, nls growth formula as their staple food with brine shrimp, bloodworms, and spirulina supplemented in for one meal everyday. Feeding five times a day.

9. crazhrse

crazhrse New Member

they are about the slowest growing cichlid there is and usually grow about 1/2 inch a month with good feeding and water changes, just look at the male you just got almost a year old and only about 4 inches

10. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I also think that this male was drastically underfed by the guy who had him before Scott got him back. His belly was sunken in, and hes real skittish which makes me think that there was very little interaction btw the previous owner and the fish. Scott said he did the same thing that I did and that was that he got so excited when he found the fry that he bought them, not knowing that they grew like freaking snails. But I think I am going to start seeing these guys shoot up in length, I have no facts supporting this theory, just feeling lol, if not they better enjoy being small in a huge tank.

11. crazhrse

crazhrse New Member

it will be nice to watch them grow anyway, i think i am gonna post that video of scotts tank for everyone to see, we need to get him on here also

12. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah, he'd be a great addition to th forum, with his knowledge of fish and quality of fish! Seeing them grow from babes on up is going to make me attached lol and thatll be bad if I cant part with them haha.

13. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

What kind of tank does he have ? A cichlid tank ?

14. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Im not sure I have only seen the vid of his tank, but two of my fish came from him and he got both from Rapps. I only know that he has one mean female festae that was beating the crap outta this male.

15. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Ohh okay.

16. crazhrse

crazhrse New Member

yea he is a cichlid guy