1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Halloo!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Anonymous, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Hey everyone! I'm new to this site but I am a member at other fish forums and I have been a fish "fanatic" since I was 8 (I will be 22 in November). I have bred Kribensis, guppies, swordtails, platies, and my Blue Rams laid eggs twice, but my water isn't acidic enough for them to hatch. I am now planning on buying some quality guppies online and breeding them to sell at the local pet store, which has been struggling with their guppies that they buy.

I currently live in an apartment with three other girls. My room is totally full--I have a huge NEAT cube cage that I built for my two rabbits and I also have a 58 gallon Oceanic aquarium that has a whole bunch of random fish. I haven't had time to properly stock it, so it currently has 5 guppies, a large pleco, a 3 year old zebra danio that I've used for cycling many tanks, 5 pristella tetras, 4 female cherry barbs, a huge male swordtail that I bred, and 3 female swords that I bred. I also have a 15 gallon tank that houses a Yellow Lab/Red Zebra hybrid cichlid named Dart. :) He's such a character! I love cichlids!

I'm at college right now, but back at my parents' house, I have a 29 gallon with some yoyo loaches, a bloodfin tetra, some white clouds, and some harlequin rasboras. I also have a 10 gallon with a jewel cichlid at home.

Once I move to a house where I have more room, I will start up my other tanks. I currently have 2-3 empty ten gallons, an empty 20 gallon long, and a lot of small tanks (1-3 gals). I am also looking into buying a 55 gallon that I can throw into my boyfriend's room to raise up the guppy fry to about 6 months of age (when the pet store accepts them).

Anyways, howdy and nice to meet you to everyone! :)

2. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

welcome to the forum dart!!!

3. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

heyas and welcome to The EF

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome. It sounds like you have a nice variety of fish there !

5. fishfirst

fishfirst New Member

welcome to the forum!!! :D

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

how do you doo?

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Hey! :)

So...made a sweet deal today! I got a 30 gallon long tank for $35 with an AquaClear 70 filter (fairly new) and some decorations (I know one of them is $20 at Walmart). I could have had the gravel too, but I plan on using it as a fry tank so we just threw the gravel away. Plus it was way lighter without the gravel in it. The filter has an uptake guard on it, but I'm going to put some pantyhose on it still just to be sure.

Yay for sweet deals! Yeah, the tank was advertised at being a 55 gallon lol. And she wanted $75 for it (she paid $60 for the filter alone). Hooray!!