1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hello All

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Anonymous, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Hi all, i'm ziycon from Ireland. I'm new to the hobby(as some of you may have seen from my first post! :cool: ), i have a 170 litre tank which I'm cycling(fishless) at the moment so I'll being looking for advice in the near future on what fish would be best to start off with.

Great forum by the way.

2. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Welcome and glad you like the forum!

Good luck with the Cycle BTW!

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to the forum. :D

170 liters is about 45 gallons. What type of fish are you interested in ? Community fish or more of a species tank.

4. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

More interested in having multiple types of fish in the tank, vary it, i was reading up on the different types and there aggresion levels so not sure what to start with, don't want them killing eachother or eatting eachother!

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

What I would suggest would be to visit LiveAquaria and see what they offer. Choose what you like and let us know. We'll tell you what will and won't work. :D

6. Angus

Angus New Member

Welcome to the forum Ziycon!

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I'm interested in clown fish and angel fish. Possibly have one or two teripins in the tank if they get along with the fish!?!

8. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

So you want to do a saltwater tank ?

9. ira

ira Member

Welcome

10. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Welcome to The Exotic Fish Forum Ziycon!

:D Please make yourself feel right at home sharing and learning with the rest of us, we're definitely a friendly bunch!

:confused: If you’re having trouble finding something or need help you can contact myself (Dawn), Anthony or Jake through pm and we'll gladly help you ;)

:D Also, if/when you get a chance be sure to post some photos/videos of your setup/setups.

-> The following link will lead you directly to our photo/video section Aquarium Photos - Show off your Tank Forum

Cool! Ireland (are ya irish?).

11. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Yup, 100%! :cool:

Was thinking Salt water but think thats a no no now as the teripin i have already is freshwater, maybe my next tank be be saltwater! What fish can you have in a fresh water?

12. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

My My My...the list will go on forever assuming your not meaning WITH the teripin.

Are you interested in Peaceful, Moderate, Or Aggressive species?

Also, are you interested in a species only or mixture as in a community setup?

IF it's for the 45g you'll be limited as to the adult size of fish to be chosen.
    45g would make a good species only or community tank. Also would be a sweet planted setup.

13. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Welcome to the forum! Ype I'd go for a planted commy tank but it's all up to you!

14. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I plan on using live plants in the tank, also i want to add a 'cave' area and some drift wood!

15. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

You are aware that you will have to do a freshwater OR saltwater tank correct ? The fish you listed above are both saltwater and freshwater, which cannot be housed in the same tank.

16. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Yup, I'm aware! I'm getting a bit carried away, I'm planning my saltwater tank before i even have my fresh one cycled! :D

17. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

:) Okay, just making sure. Some people would try that so I always make it a point to differentiate the two.

18. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I have to say this forum is ten times better then any of the other fish forums i've used, i actually get help here and almost instantly where as other forums i have to wait a day or two to get help!

Keep up the good work!

19. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Thank you. We all try our very best to give great, accurate information. :D

20. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

sounds cool (ideas)! Love to see photos when and if you can :)