1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hello Everyone From Longtime Fishkeeper

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by paulforel, Jul 5, 2009.

1. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl New Member

ohhhh very cool, lol for me i can't stand so cal, my ideal place to live would be Colorado, as i love the snow/mountains/cold, and i could literally care less about the ocean, lol ii go maybe once a year, usually not even.

2. paulforel

paulforel Thread Starter New Member

Well, that's a surprise,..... depending on where in O.C. you are, you could easily be in one of the nicest places in So CA....

You must be inland a bit or you would see the ocean all the time...

'Cowgirl'...you are from TX?

Oh, btw, back in the seventies I found a small place in the Valley, can't remember the name of it......'somethingtown' (Hopetown?).....they had a mini rodeo there...so I paid the ten bucks, signed the waiver and hung on to a brahma bull for a full five seconds......I was told that was pretty good for a first timers....I'd been wanting to do that ever since I had seen Cliff Robertson in a rodeo movie....LOL...

I hope you are having good weather, it's been 102 for several days here....

Paul

3. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Not only your name is russian for trout also dutch :)

4. paulforel

Israeli, as well, I believe....and a few others, too.

I mention Russia since that is my heritage.

Thanks...!

5. California Cowgirl

lol i'm actually from Irvine, it's really close to the beach, probably about 30 minutes at the most from Huntington Beach, and nope, i'm not from texas, and never been there :)

hahah lol i have to deal with bucks all the time on my horse, he's tried to launch me quite a few times but i've stayed on, then again i have a saddle and this is a horse, not a bull. Thankfully my horse has settled down and no longer tries to buck me off and now it's just a nice smooth ride. But i have to say the bucks were fun even when we did like hand stands he would buck literally straight up in the air, but those i would get a whip lash and be a little sore afterwards, but hey, it was still fun :D

6. paulforel

Irvine is very nice....

Your bucking experience reminds me of the time I made a mistake while staying at a ranch in Kern County back when I was fifteen- one of the other ranch owners in the area brought his fifteen year old son to keep me company....but I outshot him which did not over well.

Then I made it worse (I was told all this way later) when a horse that had been just bought refused to be ridden. That other kid and me were going to go for a long ride and they gave him the new horse since he lived in the area an presumably would be able to ride the new horse.

But it bucked him off twice so it all seemed to come to a stop. But I was anxious to go for the ride (I love riding horses! and had been taught at a summer camp previously) so I asked if I could give it a try.

They were all holding back their smiles until they saw the horse was happy enough with me so off we went for that long ride.

That man didn't bring his son over after that.

Wonder why?

:)

7. California Cowgirl

haha some horses are just that way, guess there was something about you that the horse liked more than the boy. Oh and i've had my fair share of falls, i used to fall off all the time, in my 6 or 7 years of riding i've had 2 cuncussions *sp* a broken wrist, which at the same time i had my first cuncussion, and a really BAD back after a 17.2hh horse bucked me off *i'm 5'2, and i landed straight on the middle of my back and for an entire year when i was out in the cold my back felt like pins and needles and it hurt so bad. I never went to the doctor for it so i don't know what really happend, it was the day before a horse show, back when i was jumping, and even with a hurt back i still showed that same horse the next day :) oh yea and i've had countless number of falls that i didn't get hurt on as well. But now i haven't fallen for like 2 years.

8. paulforel

Well, you are a better person than me, Gunga Deena- I've only had one fall and that was when I was learning how to canter bareback.

For as much as I think I like horses and as little experience as I have -certainly compared to yours- I'll be leaving the falls to you while I build my next aquarium, instead, LOL....

Take care and do watch yourself- this stuff may show up in your senior years so keep that in mind- you might want to invest in seat belts...!

Best Regards,

Paul

9. California Cowgirl

hahah lol i think all of us riders wish we had seat belts on our saddles

10. paulforel

Well, maybe you will be the first to invent one...!

Best,

Paul