1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hello everyone! (:

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by nossie, May 10, 2010.

1. nossie

nossie Thread Starter Member

Hi! :D

I'm new on the forum! Still didn't quite do anything here, but I hope that'll change :) I usually hang out on some other forum only for goldfish, but since I have experience with both goldfish and tropicals, I thought I'd give this forum a shot!
    I'm 18 from Finland, and I'm a happy mother to 6 fancy goldfish babies :) 3 common fantails, a black moor and two sweet orandas.

I'm intending to get a bigger tank soon and a few more fish to fit in it ;) It'll be an 83 gallon, just curious, how many goldfish would you put in it? I calculated it so that at least 7-8 fish would fit there.

And also, you people seem to know what you're talking about, so I would LOVE some advice on good filters for this tank size :) It'd help a lot!

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to the forum nossie.

Do you have access to the same type of filters we do here in the US by any chance ?

3. nossie

As far as I know, we have Eheim filters, Sera filters and different kinds of external filters. (But an external filter is by FAR too expensive for me as of now...) I haven't been looking that much since I only started thinking about this recently.

There's actually some kind of internal power filter included in the price of the tank, but I don't know anything more about the filter than that... so I rather wondered in case it'd need to be exchanged anytime soon, and so I could see if it meets the requirements.

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Hi nossie, welcome to the forum.
    If you have equipment questions you're better off posting it in the Supplies & Equipment section where it breaks further down to filters and what nots.

5. nossie

Sure! :D

6. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

welcome.