1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hello from Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by taobass, Mar 30, 2010.

1. taobass

taobass Thread Starter New Member

Hello all,
    I'm new here and wanted to say hi. I haven't had a freshwater tank since I was a kid but am looking to start a small aquaponics system using Endler's livebearers as a nitrogen source to grow some leafy greens and maybe some strawberries. I really like the idea of this kind of system and from what I've read elsewhere, these seem to be fairly hardy (and very beautiful!) tropical fish. I'm not sure if this has been done with this species before but I have some aquarium experience and hydroponics experience so it should be an interesting marriage of my two hobbies! I've got 1 10 gallon (saltwater) reef tank (zoas, soft corals, and various large polyp stonies) and am working on a 20L + 10G cube refugium system that right now is home to caulerpa, chaetomorpha, hundreds of tube worms and one very spoiled peppermint shrimp. I'm hoping to learn from this community and post what I find!

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to The Exotic Fish.

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

welcome!