1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Anonymous, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Hi my name is megan, i used to suffer from MTS (multiple tank syndrome)

at the moment i have only two tanks running, two 33gallons, one a dying planted amazon themed tank, and the other my young turtle's tank (red eared slider)

In a couple months ill be moving into university and cant help but take my fish with me (fish are allowed, unfortunately my baby isnt)

theres only a few small fish in the amazon tank so they are going to be downsized and brought with me. However, at one point when i got my first 33 i went to the petstore with my friend and picked out a pair of pretty fish, kribensis, aware they might breed. but that wasnt the issue, they were just too nippy for my south american fish. so i had to seperate them and thats when they gave me 50 new fish. Now i have about 10 left including the original parents after selling them. They live with my turtle, since at the time there was so many i did not care if they got eaten or not, but my turtle is lazy and never went after them. The conditions are right, they just dont have caves, as i dont want to promote any more breeding at the time.

thats my story. lol.

now im back online searching forums and im going to begining construction on making my 33 into a dwarf cichlid tank! building a partial styrofoam background (its going to be carved out caves that climb along the edges of the tank.)

well yea thats my story again!

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to the forum Megan. You've come to the right place since most of us has MTS as well. :)

3. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

Welcome welcome

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Welcome to The Exotic Fish Forum rosek!

:D Please make yourself feel right at home sharing and learning with the rest of us, we're definitely a friendly bunch!

:confused: If you’re having trouble finding something or need help you can contact myself (MOD_Dawn), Anthony or Jake through pm and we'll gladly help you ;)

:D Also, if/when you get a chance be sure to post some photos/videos of your setup/setups.

-> The following link will lead you directly to our photo/video section Aquarium Photos - Show off your Tank Forum

5. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Welcome... I am a fan of Amazonian tanks myself! Great choice... Sad to hear it is dieing.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

yea the plants just werent doing too hot in it. But thats ok, its being downsized and my plants did better in the small thank before i upgraded! so hopefully that works out.

7. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

welcome

8. cichlid_4_me

cichlid_4_me New Member

welcome to the forum