1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hello!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by luvfish, Sep 19, 2008.

1. luvfish

luvfish Thread Starter New Member

Hello all!

I'm new here but not new to fish. I've been keeping freshwater since '98 and salt since 2000. I've bred a lot of different FW fish through the years, but right now I don't have the time or energy to spend on that part of the hobby. At the moment I have 6 freshwater tanks and 1 saltwater tank. Although I like all types of fish, I have found that I am drawn to the new world cichlids so that is what I mostly have ;) . I also own hybrids, namely a large KK blood parrot and a young flowerhorn (both females). I also have some glo-fish that my disabled hubby wanted. I hope this isn't a problem as I know some sites frown upon hybrids....

Anyway, that's my story :D looks like a nice site!! ;)

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to The Exotic Fish. I have no problem with hybrids. ;)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Heya Luvfish, welcome :D

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I love that elephant nosed tang in your avatar. I hear they are extremely rare and you can only get them my mating an asian elephant with a yellow tang. If you are picturing this scene, only then can you begin to imagine why they are so rare.

5. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

heyas and welcome if i was worried about the non pure strain of fish you have then i would have to empty out2 tanks full of non perfect discus

6. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

I agree with noshow. Like him I have the unwanted discus in my tank too. 1 stunted, 2 not much color and 2 with crooked stress bars.

Actually almost every domesticated fish is a hybrid of some kind. Discus are almost all hybrids now so.... and goldfish WOW talk about hybrid and that is what everyone starts with. Me I started with fantail goldfish and koi in a 700 gallon pond and a 300 gallon pond. Just think back thousands of years ago they were carp, plain nasty carp and now.... well plain boring goldfish.... sorry partial to the cichlids myself.

And welcome

7. fishfirst

fishfirst New Member

welcome to the forum :D :D

8. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

welcome!!! we love pics around here.... :)