1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by KimmoKun, Apr 8, 2015.

1. KimmoKun

KimmoKun Thread Starter New Member

Hi,

I've always had an aquarium but I have started to become serious about it. I have a 3 gallon tank that I'm trying to establish plants in. It's harder than I expected but I enjoy it.

2. betta

betta Administrator Staff Member

Sorry we were away... and welcome to the forum! (I had some surgery and couldn't get back to the site!)

I also started a new 5 gallon tank and have some plants in there. I will take some photos. However you really need to plan your tank well with such a tiny tank. Growing plants requires making sure you have appropriate nutrients and lighting. You also need to make sure it's a slower growing plant or it will overrun your space quickly! Currently I use java moss for my small tank:

awww_thatpetplace_com_core_media_media_nl_a03973c4cbbcebac4295f7842daaa644._.jpg

I also have anacharis (egeria densa) which my shrimp and dwarf crayfish love!

awww.thatpetplace.com_p28958.jpg