1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

here are my bettas

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anonymous, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

This is my bettas set for now, I plan on upgrading their house as soon as I can get some plexiglass and aquarium safe sealant.

[​IMG]
    Here the best pic of my male I think.

[​IMG]
    besides the glare this is a good pic of my male too.

[​IMG]
    I couldn't get a good pic of my female so here one of them.

[​IMG]
    this is the other pic of my female.

[​IMG]
    this their home until I can get their three gallon home built. The male is on the left in the .5 gallon bowl while the female is on the right in the 1 gallon tank.

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

He's really pretty. :D

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

yep that why I got him, the other one I was looking at seemed to anti-social, heck it even attacked my hand through the cup. I didn't get it because I didn't think it would spawn well.

But I love the one I did get.

(I hate the blast blue water they keep them in, it was a pain to study them T.T)

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Gorgeous blue one ya got!

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

they are both blue, I love them

6. matrixmommy

matrixmommy New Member

You're crowntail male is gorgeous.

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

thanks I think he was a lucky find.

8. matrixmommy

matrixmommy New Member

;-) I feel that way about *all* my guys and gals. :p

9. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

yea I have that about my male and female but I haven't bought other for a long time so I don't know if I would feel that way about all of them, but I hope I do.

10. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

:) My betta was one lazy bunn.. He'd just ''float'' In one spot and give me the what ya lookng at look al the time. Though sometimes when I cought him off-guard he was swimming around happily :D

11. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I how he swim area more once I get him his new home.

12. matrixmommy

matrixmommy New Member

All my guys (and gals) have such personality. Even my newest edition. Since Charlie (the Walmart "rescue") died, I had a 2.5 gallon hex tank sitting on my desk taking up space, so I decided to use it. I got another male today. He's pure white except for a band of dark crimson around the base of each of his fins, right next to his body. He's a fiesty one! As I was trying to pour him into the tank, he kept trying to jump out of the freakin' cup!

13. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

O that sound almost like the one I almost got. The first one I was going to get try attacking my hand thought the lid, so I got the one that you see in the pic up there.

Wow i just looked up and my male was giving a show, I'm wondering what the best thing to get him to start a bubble nest, because he just doesn't seem to be building one.

I have a floating drinking straw in there as an anchor will that work?

14. matrixmommy

matrixmommy New Member

No clue. Sorry. I thought about breeding my bettas this summer, but decided against it 'cuz there really isn't the big of a market for them around where I live (the quad-city area around me only has about 75K people or less).

15. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

you could always sell online.

boy he giving my female a nice show ever now and then because their tanks are so close together. but no bubble nest.

16. matrixmommy

matrixmommy New Member

Heh! My guys and gals basically ignored each other when I had them along the "betta counter" (where the boys' tank is now) together. :p Probably a good reason why I shouldn't breed.

17. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

that may seem like a good Idea my male is giving an amazing show but the female doesn't seem interested at all.