1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hey I'm New

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Anonymous, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Hey I found this place off of craigslist. I'm Tracy. I have a 20 gal brackish tank. Which houses my 2 inch green puffer Liam. I used to have more but he either ate them or they just died. I used to have fish like 10 years ago but after adopting out my red eared slidder i decided to get into fish since they would be easier. I love Liam but he's quite difficult to feed, I just put sand in his tank and still hasn't settled in. And I still haven't found anything hard for him to eat since petco didn't have any snails small enough for him to eat so i'm a little worried. But yea thats about it about my fish.

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Glad you found us. SpockThePuffer should be able to help you as far as feeding goes.
    How long have you had him ?

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks i've had him for about 2 weeks now. At first it was nearly impossible to get him to eat espically not knowing one thing about this fish until he ate one of my old gourami's. So then after some research i got him some frozen foods that he didn't even touch. And all he would eat was ghost shrimp. So i went back down to the place where i got him and they suggested plankton and bloodworms which he loves both. But i still need the hard food for his teeth, but otherwise he's a pretty fun fish and really cute.

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

SpockThePuffer should be on tonight to help you out. Puffers aren't my thing.

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

alright ill make a point to talk to them about his diet.

6. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Welcome, what state are you from? There is an Orange County in VA so that is why I ask. For that matter there is an Orange county in every state I think.

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

hahah Orange County, California

8. fishfirst

fishfirst New Member

welcome to the forum :D

9. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

10. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

hey, welcome to the board!!

11. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

12. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

hello to ya

13. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

14. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Hey! :) Good luck with your puffer...I've always wanted one, and I'm sure eventually I will have one.

I take it you like horses? Do you own one? I have a 5-year-old Paso Fino. :)

Welcome to the forum!!

15. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

thanks puffers are really fun.

And yea i have 2 horses both are thoroughbreds and i used to do hunter/jumper on one but he ended up getting navicular so he is only a flat horse but my other one i will jump every now and then

16. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

hello an welcome
    no asfar as the puffer look for some live plants at the fish store, lok at where they have the plants in the tank if yo see snail then its a good possibality they they will hitchhike on the plant to your aquarium and bam about 2 weeks instant puffer food but till then dont have any ideas for ya.

17. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

alright ill try that thank you

18. aquarium in motion

aquarium in motion New Member

try feeding him blood worms.....thats what I feed mine and they usually gobble them up