1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hey!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Anonymous, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Anthony reffered me over here :)

A little about myself:

My name is Julee,I am 13 years old, I have dyslexia. I live In Northwest Conneticut, and I have 120+ different fish tanks, 2 leopard geckos, 2 crested geckos, an adult lab (my username, lol), a pup (5 month old lab/hound mix, rescued.) 4 cats, a red eared slider turtle that I rescued from my science teacher, and I think thats it...

:cool:
    I frequent around 15 forums.

I only keep freshwater and breed the following:
    Badis Badis, bettas, angelfish, some sort of julie cichlid (not sure lol), guppies, swordtails, goldfish (i let them eat the eggs) and a few others i am not remembering. ;)

2. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

nice to have you here julee.....welcome!!!

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

wow welcome, glad to have such a well rounded fish keeper join us here!

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to The Exotic Fish.

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks everyone :)

6. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

Welcome. What type of bettas do you keep

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Hi and welcome!

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

All splendens, no luck with wilds, lol.

I keep pretty much all tail types and colors, i have about 80 bettas total give or take.

9. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Page Not Found...

10. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

hi there kiddo, amazing how many tanks you have! How in the world do you/your family find the time to maintain them all?

11. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Dunno, just have alot of time on my hands, and don't need to age water, it comes out of the well at like 6.8-7.0 [dancing]

12. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

definately lucky u! I know how hectic it is with having two 1&1/2year old english bullies, one 13year old mini doxie, one 14week old papillon puppy, 2 male adult chinchillas in one doubled up mansion & 1 younger male in another doubled up masion, plus the 90gallon planted community. I wish I had more time on my hands--i'd get more tanks if I could find the room, he he!

13. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

hehe, yup, its hectic, but sure worth it! my dogs are my antidepressents :D

14. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

lol arent you 13 what in the world should you have to be depressed about!

15. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

I agree, I wish I were 13 again!!!! Best years of your life, truly, enjoy them!

16. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

yea, I'm 13.

I had a gecko since I was 7, he went everywhere with me. My 6th year having him, and my cat found his way into the cage. He mauled him. My parents thought he was fine, and let him rot away. When i finally got him to the vet, it was too late. I couldnt say the decision, so I wrote on my dads palm "I just dont want my lil boy to hurt anymore" and had to put him to sleep. That was in Febuary.

Fast forward a few months, and I never got over it. I cried all of the time (something I NEVER ever did before), I hardly said 2 words to anyone in real life. I ate minimally, enough to keep me alive, and enough to keep my weight steady, but I felt sick, and I lost all feeling of happiness. That gecko was my best friend. I really have my animals to thank for being alive. If I didnt think that I could make a difference to some of the bettas in cups, and other animals in likewise situtations, i probably would have commited suicide.

that one death completely destroyed me.

Fast forward a few more months, to June.
    I wasnt providing my other best friend, Shadow, with any companionship worth mentioning. She needed someone. I asked my parents (for the like 15th time in 3 years) for another dog. I clearly stated that I wanted the dog not only for Shadow, but to rescue another life to help me. They quickly agreed, hopeing it would pull my out of this depresstion.
    And so we found Embyr. Embyr is a goofy, loving, playful puppy. She is now around 6 months, we got her at 3months. She is an excellent friend for Shadow, and my constant companion (other than school, my friends can now take care of me very well, and for the first time in months, I smile alot.) and anti-depressent.

We found her in a shelter that had rescued her and her litter from a high-kill shelter in KY.

sorry if that was a bit much for anyone....

Embyr and Shadow:
    ai242.photobucket.com_albums_ff84_shadowtheblacklab_82308011.jpg

17. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

sorry for the double post, but I am now having a great time in life :)

18. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

That is OK for the double post.... I didn't see the story...... thank you for sharing that with us.... I am glad to hear you are doing good! :D

19. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I posted the story after you lol. And thank you :)

20. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I know what you mean kiddo, my 15 year old went into a severe depression after the loss of his OTHER doxie he had since he was about 1 year of age. Hence, the papillon...he went through basically the same thing>>couldn't hold down food, slept constantly>when awake would cry which is something he too never did, totally reclusive-wouldn't speak to anyone, could even hear the voice difference-when he would speak he sounded muffled, absolutely no interest in anything no matter what I--or his brother tried. Finally told him he had to get another dog, couldn't take it...he was breaking my heart---hence the new Papillon puppy. He researched her through a breed book and we looked everywhere for our lil girl...talk about hard to find in my neck of the woods so to speak. Eventually we realized if we were going to get one she had to be flown into us..and that's exactly what I did. It took at least another 2 weeks to totally snap him out of it, but she definately pulled him back to his normal halo gaming self :eek:)
    This is definately not to say that a dog is the answer to depression, but for kids/teens that respond to animals...it very well may be.
    Ps. Your doggies are gorgeous! They remind me of my grandmas black lab that I loved (she's passed on quite some time ago), but was the sweetest!