1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hi Everyone from Chicago:)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tallblue, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Tallblue

Tallblue Thread Starter New Member

I found this forum by way of Twitter. When I started to seriously get into this hobby (about 15 years ago) I learned everything I needed to know from the internet (new groups). Then I went on to join a Fish club locally. Which is fine but I do miss the online forums.

It is hard to nail down my favorite fish so I can kinda list what I have now.

I love Bosemani Rainbow fish! In fact I do like Rainbows but I have to limit myself because we are watching the tank space. They do breed here and I like to give them lots of swimming room.

We also love Exotic Plecos! We have a group of King tigers L333 breeding and L66 breeding. We have a group of L134 Frog Leopards but so far in two years natta! We also have the Blue phantom (a pair) Hopefully we will see fry! Last but never least is our pair of Rhino plecos.

I love Whiptail catfish! We have a pair breeding that I have owned for about 3 years, the fry finally made it through that ify stage. They are a common whiptail parva.

I love Endler's Live bearers! I have two different gold strains that I do not cross and I have a hybrid Japanese Blue Endler Guppies.

I love Shrimp! I have a tank that used to be my friends who passed away last year, there are cherry shrimp in a planted 20 long with a macro rasbora of some types and a pair of pygy corys. But what I really want one day is the Cardinal shrimp.

I love planted tanks! I love them and use the Walstead method as best I can, I do use high lights and excel. Use miracle grow organic soil under the gravel.

other than that we have fish in and out right now messing with some really nice Pineapple swords, ornate tetras, barbs and rasboras. Most fish we buy are from fish club auctions. We have reduced the number of tanks, used to be 33 tanks and now we have 12 and I am enjoying it more!

Karen

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Welcome, would love to see some pics.

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to the forum Karen. I'd love to see pictures of the Endler's you're keeping.

4. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

welcome.

5. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Welcome to the Family

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Welcome to the forum,
    sounds like you have quite a few tanks up and running.

I'd love to see photos of the endlers..they sound really cool!

7. nossie

nossie Member

Welcome to the... jungle! :D

Post photos, please! :)

8. steves_kiki

steves_kiki New Member

Welcome! :)
    Kin