1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hi, I'm Mynxy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mynxy, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Mynxy

Mynxy Thread Starter New Member

Hello Everyone! I learned about this board from Anthony when I bought some Endlers from him.

All in all, we've got 7 tanks of freshwater fish, all planted, two of them filtered only by plants. (We'd have more, but we're in an apartment and the former dining room is out of outlets ;) ) A herd of Tiger Barbs terrorize our 30 gal along with several Cory Trilineatus, and I don't know how they get any food. Scarlet Badis (dario dario - very cool!!) have a natural 20 gal to themselves with some Cory Nanus that only come out at night. Our pride & joy 20 gal has Praecox rainbows, Kubotai Rasboras and Amano shrimp, plus an obnoxious Siamese algae eater. There's a natural 10 gal has Cherry Shrimp & Ember Tetras. There's another 10 gal tank that I call the "grassland," because it's planted with all Potamogeton Gayi, which the Endlers really dig. The 4 gal has a female Betta Splendens; and a 6 gal is currently being dry-started to give the HC a jump on growing. My bf Rob has a case of what he calls "collector-itis" due to us having about 40 types and varieties of plants. He's amazing with the underwater gardening, and the tanks look great. Our dream is to have a house with a big fish-room.

I'm a Michigander living in Auburn Hills. As for work, we do administrative duties in a call center, nothing glamorous. I work at a clothing store weekends for fun. We're fans of combing Salvation Army stores, where I find weird knick-knacks and he gets super-hero teeshirts. I'm extremely fond of cats, but can't have one in the apartment. Our 3rd floor deck is full of potted flowers & one topsy-turvy sporting a tomato plant.

Thanks for having me! Mynxy

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Hey there. I'm glad you joined us !

3. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

welcome.

4. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Welcome, post some pics so we can enjoy your tanks as well.

5. Mynxy

We're getting a camera this week, since the old camera phone isn't cutting it. *blur* Pics coming soon!

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Welcome to the forum Mynxy, that sounds like some great setups you have going there...can't wait to see picts of them all!

7. GREENTEAL52

GREENTEAL52 Member

Welcome aboard Mynxy, Sounds like some beautiful setups and happy fish , :))

8. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Welcome to our MTS maddness!

9. nossie

nossie Member

Welcome! That sounds wonderful, I'd love to see all your tanks! :) As I'm quite a plant freak too, but my goldfish don't quite allow me to have all the lovely kinds I would ;)

10. Mynxy

Thanks Nossie! I'm working out how to do the picture thing. Since you're in Finland, can you say 'hi' to my mom in Sweden?

11. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

welcome to the forums.

12. Mynxy

Photos! Maybe. If the link works. Here goes:

ai988.photobucket.com_albums_af1_AbeVigoda_Our_20Fish_20Tanks_73aa035d05bb.jpg

the pics went in reverse order! Maybe read them backwards?

13. Mynxy

Never mind, use this link instead:

ai988.photobucket.com_albums_af1_AbeVigoda_Our_20Fish_20Tanks_8a42e59a0d34.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  14. nossie

nossie Member

Mynxy: Is she living in Sweden or just visiting? :) I have some relatives there, so maybe I could do it with telepathy! :D
    I'm just looking at the photos of your tanks, they're gorgeous! :D I love all the plants you've got in the setups ;)

15. GREENTEAL52

GREENTEAL52 Member

Very nice photos Nynxy ; Truely an aquatic garden that brings you great joy and a little pride .

16. Mynxy

Nossie: Mom's been living in Borlange (3 hours outside of Stockholm) for about 8 years now with a gentleman she met online. She's now a Swedish-American citizen and going to University. Smart Mommy :) Her bf was born in Finland - small world?

Nossie & Greenteal52: Thank you! Hope you didn't mind the camera-phone quality of the shots :)

17. nossie

nossie Member

Wow! How exciting :) I'm engaged to a Polish dude myself! :D