1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

hi, I'm new here.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Anonymous, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Hello everyone. I'm Scott and I love fish and writing. right now I have a 20 gallon tank set up. However got in a bad habit of not doing any thing with my tank after a good number of fish died. Now that i have money I'm going to restock my tank.

Me 20 gallon tank right now includes two fish. A glow light Tetra and what I think is a Tetra. The one that i'm not sure of is a really old fish, I think it about 4 years, and it has been starved for about 3 month.

there is also 2 java ferns in the tank, and several plastic grass like plants.

I plan on keep up with my tank now, after spending 7 hour desnail and doing a complete overhaul clean.

I plan to add 3-6 female guppies and 1-2 males guppies. some java moss and may be some ghost shrimp.

however if I do get my ghost shrimp I'll have to move my about 4 year old fish to another tank for it eat my shrimps.

I also what to set up my ten gallon tank and put dwarf puffer fish in it with a good assortment of plants.

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to the forum Scott.

3. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Welcome!

4. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

thanks for greeting me and i'm wandering, what do you guys think of my plans for the future?

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Depending on what the other tetra is guppies should be fine in there.

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

The only problem with the unknown tetra and guppies is, the tetra is fast as hell and loves frys.

8. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Keeping adult guppies and fry are two different scenarios. If you want to raise guppies you should provide them with their own tank and lots of plants that will allow the fry to hide.

If you put adult guppies in the tank you already have and provide some plants a few lucky fry may survive.

9. ira

ira Member

WElcome

10. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

well I don't have any fries, between mom and dad, and my unknown tetra, they were all eaten. I'm going to make or buy a sponge filter and make a fry raising tank.

11. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Welcome,, The fry raising tank would be fine :)

12. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I know the only problem is when my DPs have babies, I don't know where i could sell them?

13. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Well ebay like sites are usefull. Mainly every big sale site gots a fish section :)

14. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

thanks, I think I'll stick with trading posts and aquabid.

15. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

That's perfect ;)