1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hi there.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Anonymous, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

My name, as you may have guessed, is Katherine, I am 20 years old, and I live in Rhode Island. I work at a big corporate pet store trying to convince people not to kill their fish, but amazingly enough, it has not managed to make me hate animals yet. I do not have the time to have the sort of tanks I really want to right now, as I have 2 jobs and school, but I find the time to fuss with the ones I have. My main project is a 55 gallon planted tank with some tetra species, a few rescued platies, my 3 beloved ghost catfish, gourami, a couple sydontis, and two huge plecos, currently uprooting all my plants but still amazing to watch, that someone "gave" me at work (they threatened to kill them if I didn't take them. This happens a lot. I have spent more gas on driving unwanted fish to other pet stores than you can imagine. Please, take your fish to a small store. They can take them. We can't - store policy). I also have a few other tanks with rescued goldfish, fry/snails, and a Jack Dempsey that someone left in our vestibule, respectively. (Yes, seperately) I am working my way towards a nice big tank (75+) so that I can keep a black ghost knife in style, with plenty of room to move. When I am not so broke (corporate pet stores pay crap) I plan to try saltwater. I would love a reef tank. Don't get me wrong, fish are great, obviously, but I love invertebrates and cnidaria and would love to be able to to create a gorgeous ecosystem.
    I have several other pets (2 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, 1 chinchilla, 1 dwarf hamster, 3 mice, 1 frog, 1 snail) and seem to constantly find ways to take work home with me. So there you have it. I'm always either soaked to the elbows or higher, or covered in fur. I have scars from hamster bites, and plenty of scratches at all times. I have found crickets in my clothes more than once.

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome. It's nice to see someone that works at those types of stores that actually cares about the fish they are selling.

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Hi Katherine, Sounds like you have a nice assortment there :)

4. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Hi and welcome and really have to agree with Anthony!

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Welcome!

7. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Welcome and good to hear a person with a heart ;)

Fish have feelings too :D