1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Anonymous, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

hi everyone
    i became a Goldfish Grandma over the 4th of july weekend,i have 2 feeder Goldfish,so nothing exotic here,but they are 16 1/2 yrs old :D and well we know have about 200 hundred babies :D .
    im trying to learn day by day how to raise them and seems so far so good,but having some place to go for help is great.

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Welcome to The Exotic Fish Forum GoldfishGrandma!

:D Please make yourself feel right at home sharing and learning with the rest of us, we're definitely a friendly bunch!

:confused: If you’re having trouble finding something or need help you can contact myself (MOD_Dawn), Anthony or Jake through pm and we'll gladly help you ;)

:D Also, if/when you get a chance be sure to post some photos/videos of your setup/setups.

-> The following link will lead you directly to our photo/video section Aquarium Photos - Show off your Tank Forum

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to The Exotic Fish.

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Yay! We have a grammy on the forum.
    *is excited*
    hehe!

How'd ya come into the feeders?

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

well Dawn ,
    a friend of mine bought way too many to feed her fish and after 4 days there were 5 left in the tank and so she asked if i would keep them for her for a week in my tank........well she never got them back after a week of watching them they were now family so i sent her away with money to replace them,during a move from florida to mn the cooler that we had placed them in frozze most of the way,i placed them in some cool water and well we lost one then and then about 5 yrs after i lost another one,then 8 yrs ago i lost another leaving these two with us now for around 16 1/2 yrs and i cant tell you the shock i had turning that light on in the tank after being gone 2 days,there were little white and some black spots all over the tank,so i called petco,because about a week before i had bought some new live plants,i thought they were snails.........the lady at the store said sounds like you may have some kinda bug,because Goldfish are hard to breed,she said it takes alot to do..........lol...........nope just some new plants and low lighting for a weekend

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

wow! 16 & 1/2 years..and I was thrilled when the kids "fair" goldfish lived for 4 years.

I can honestly say I've never really dealt with goldfish...let alone had them breed. Would love to see some photos if you can :)

7. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl New Member

8. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

welcome

9. DanBruv

DanBruv New Member

hi bro

10. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Welcome... sounds like you have your hands full there

11. ira

ira Member

Welcome. How big are they and what size tank are they in.

12. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

well ira they look like the head of a pin and there in a 55 ga.

13. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

welcome